Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

Traffic Addon - Online Flight

Obviously there are 3 main options here, 1 limited to use on IVAO only of course.  I'm simply trying to determine which of these options is the best one.

I've had a look at the IVAO MTL tool, which seems a bit buggy to me (windows 10) as it sometimes shows the AI Model list and other times doesn't when you start it.  It seems to install fine and using IVAO I can see the traffic models, I wasn't overwhelmed with them though I must admit which has lead me to looking at uninstalling and using another option that will also give me the flexibility of online platform.

What are the general thoughs?  If you had a blank canvas and the money to buy an appropriate Traffic model set e.g. UT2 or MT6 what would you go for and why?

Any help / opinions would be appreciated.

Regards

Craig

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Other online options are Vatsim and Pilot Edge.

Regards

What are the general thoughts? If you had a blank canvas and the money to buy an appropriate Traffic model set e.g. UT2 or MT6 what would you go for and why?

I'm not familiar with the IVAO pilot software, so make sure that isn't the issue first otherwise no model set will solve your problem.

Having said that, I'm on VATSIM and currently using MT6.

Although not quite as detailed,  The MT6 models cover more airlines than UT2 and are easier to implement than WOAI, which is another option. 

However, even with MT6 you will run into missing models on IVAO or VATSIM. GA and Helicopters are largely missing in all of the sets.   

You will have to supplement with your own or default aircraft to help fill those gaps.