Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

I've just discovered how big the FS community is, and what it does...

Astonishingly:

Get.png View.png  Flight Simulator X - AI Aircraft World of AI KLM Cityhopper Complete AI Package v5 World of AI

Size: 5129k Downloads: 707 Date:26-Feb-2016  

Get.png View.png  Flight Simulator 2004 - AI Aircraft World of AI KLM Cityhopper Complete AI Package v5 World of AI

Size: 3283k Downloads: 36590 Date: 26-Feb-2016

and

Get.png View.png  Flight Simulator X - AI Aircraft World of AI Jazeera Airways Complete AI Package v5 World of AI

Size: 1381k Downloads 57 Date: 01-Mar-2016  

Get.png View.png  Flight Simulator 2004 - AI Aircraft World of AI Jazeera Airways Complete AI Package v5 World of AI

Size: 947k Downloads: 44742 Date: 01-Mar-2016

What is astonishing about World of AI is the amount of detail and attention they put into maintaining an accurate RW AI traffic. I think they must have the most uploads of any author!

Look at the downloadnumbers made by fs9 users.

This is crazy, never knew that there are so many users of fs9. The developers of sceneries and addon aircraft must be crazy that they stopped making fs9 products.

:-)

Look at the downloadnumbers made by fs9 users.

This is crazy, never knew that there are so many users of fs9. The developers of sceneries and addon aircraft must be crazy that they stopped making fs9 products.

:-)

Fresh from the horses mouth

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/104114-stay-with-fs9-or-upgrade-to-fsx/&do=findComment&comment=736125

Well Lesp,  you clearly prefer FS9 and that's fine.  There are many people like you. The problem is that they are not willing to invest in new add-ons so commercially FS9 is dead. FSX is most certainly not dead as that is still the vast majority of the customer base. 

I for one don't believe those download figures.

The same file on the "other" site has had 143 downloads. If you look at older KLM/KLM cityhopper downloads from the like of AIG you will see the numbers are in the hundreds.

Peter Schluter

I for one don't believe those download figures.

The same file on the "other" site has had 143 downloads. If you look at older KLM/KLM cityhopper downloads from the like of AIG you will see the numbers are in the hundreds.

I download from AVSIM whenever possible because it's a LOT faster than the "other" site. I also use the superb WOAI Package Downloader utility which I have linked to my AVSIM library account: http://www1.metacraft.com/VRC/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3705&sid=cd62965237c1ab43c5bef864cc6e16b8

Looks like I'm not the only one....

The KLM Cityhopper package has been in the library for six days, and 36,000 FS9 users have downloaded it compared to 700 for the FSX version ?  Not possible.

If you look at the statistics for the Avsim library it says that the "hottest" download for the past 365 days for WOAI has been Lufthansa v6 with 22,000 downloads. That is over a year. Funny that the recent KLMCityhopper package does not even feature.

There is something seriously wrong with those download statistics.

Peter Schluter

There is something seriously wrong with those download statistics.

"There are Lies, Damned Lies and then there are Statistics."

As a loyal FS2004 supporter, I'd say the FSX stats are wrong!

Ha Ha, gotcha! I downloaded that file 44,700 times yesterday just to see if anyone would notice! :smile:

• Upvote 1

It must be some conspiracy going on here.

I'd say the download numbers for fs9 are correct. Even if they arent, they are correct.

Simple as that.

Meesterlijk!

Couldn't have phrased it better myself...