Sign in to follow this  
JNS

Suspecting bad download of FTX Global Base

Hi.  I think I may have a bad download of the FTX Global Base for P3Dv3.  My question is this:  If I do another download from The Flight Sim Store (where I did the first purchase and download) will I have to get another validation code or what.  How do they handle this situation.  Surely I wouldn't have to repurchase the product.

Thanks,

Jeff

Order No. FSS0462200

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Why do you think you have a bad download?

You can download a product you purchase from The FlightSim Store 100 times and your link will never expire 

Why bad download? Are you using something like Internet Download Manager?

Cheers :)

N.-

Thanks for the replies.  First off, yes, I did use Internet Download Manager for all downloads.   The scenery is not behaving as it should and after trying all of the usual things to fix it (with a lot of help from others on forums) I am probably going to restore an image of the drive when all I had was the OS and P3Dv3 on it and try to reinstall the ORBX stuff.  But, I wanted to hopefully make sure I have good data to put back in as far as ORBX goes.  The installers always say the install is successful, but I'm really doubting that now.  I have 5 ORBX products, but want to try again with only the Global.  Even the first time with only Global gave suspect results.  Everything looks to be OK when I check the Scenery Library.  

If this all doesn't work after trying again then it's on to GEP3D and UTX2.  The original plan was ORBX Global, Vector, OpenLC Europe, Meigs, and No. Cal..  Then I purchased UTX2 for possible use instead of Vector.  So far I've tried it with Global alone and then with Global,Vector, and OpenLC Europe.  The only addon I've had at this point was MyTraffic 6.0a.  And Poppet, thanks very much for the install tutorial.  It went smoothly for me.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Well, I feel pretty stupid right now.  I decided to check my Scenery settings one MORE time.  I've looked at these quite a few times, but must've been with tunnelvision.  My Texture Resolution was set at 10M instead of 7CM.  Don't know how or when that happened, but anyway, now everything looks beautiful.

Very sorry for wasting everyone's time on this.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Jeff Smith

Also keep in mind that for this and any other future orbx download you make, there's no need to come ask here if you suspect a bad download. On the download page they have the checksum numbers so you  can check it yourself after downloading and see if your file downloaded ok.

Thanks, Carlos.

Jeff

Jeff Smith