Sign in to follow this  
Dazzlercee23

NIght Environment in the daytime

Hi,

Not purchased yet, but had a scan of the manual where it is advised to turn off NE via scenery library during the daytime.

Is this because the lights will still be illuminated during the daytime, or simply an FPS consideration?

Regards,

Daz

More FPS hit, I don't get any oddly enough. FSX reads the scenery library entry, but won't display the lights.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

OK, thanks.

So the lights won't show up in the day, just a possible FPS hit.

Not a possible FPS hit, a total slide show. Turn off NE during the day.

Not a possible FPS hit, a total slide show. Turn off NE during the day.

I purchased NE British Isles and NE California and have not seen any noticeable FPS hit during the day.

I purchased NE British Isles and NE California and have not seen any noticeable FPS hit during the day.

If your settings are low enough you won't.

If your settings are low enough you won't.

My setting are Med/High in P3D and no FPS hit, with the max night light coverage. All varies on the system I think.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I have not purchased this addon yet either. So in other words this means and extra step that I have to perform everytime I want to fly during the day or night with Night Environment?

I have not purchased this addon yet either. So in other words this means and extra step that I have to perform everytime I want to fly during the day or night with Night Environment?

Simply de-activating the entry from the Scenery library if you fly during the day. Or re-activating if your flight will go into the night.....Simples, can be done on the fly within FSX and P3D.

Having said that if you have no performance impact during the day, these steps will not be necessary.

spacer.png

Thank you guys,
as mentioned NE will not show during the day,
in the event you are running a heavy set during the day;
you can switch off NE to free up resource’s as with any other addon scenery,