Sign in to follow this  
looksha

Flight instrument information is not displaying

So I recently did a reinstall of everything on my Sim computer, and now when I load the NG there is no information on the displays...I've searched to see if the problem has been posted before, but all I can find is information on "blank" screens. My screens aren't blank, the basic stuff is there but all the flight info like airspeed, engine gauges Alt, VS. are not shown. Any thoughts as to what I'm Doing wrong?

Thanks

Shaun Gilbert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think you said the displays are working except there's no alphanumerical characters? This is a new one... try running the PMDG installers again and select REPAIR?  Search this forum for missing fonts, there's been several threads regarding the HGS but not all DUs.  You also can ask for PMDG support directly (this is a user forum) by opening a trouble ticket here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I don't want to patronise Shaun and I'm sure Dan's solution would work if there are no alphanumeric symbols displaying on the screens at all but if that's not the case, are you sure that the IRS systems are aligned? If they're turned off, the position won't be shown on the ND and the instruments on the PFD will be black

IRS were aligned. But that wouldn't explain the engine gauges not displaying would it? I just did a full install of steam and reloaded the aircraft, it is all better now. I am quite inexperienced with all this so I'm sure many more questions will follow...thanks for the help guys!