Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Night Enviroment Impressive

you have the other guy tuned on 100%; you can see the lights are big and not proportional next to our lights,

tick NE off and you will see how many light you have there with NE :smile:

FTX may also be diplaying its lights as well there,

if you post an image with NE off i will be able to tell whats going on there (light wise) little better,

I will try that and see what happens - does look straight up NE to me - totally different looking - thanks Buddy 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

it is a fairly common assumption, switch NE off and you should see FTX and the other guy's lights there while NE is turned OFF,
that is one reason why you may have shutters there, once properly set you won’t need to cut back inside sim controls

it is a fairly common assumption, switch NE off and you should see FTX and the other guy's lights there while NE is turned OFF,

that is one reason why you may have shutters there, once properly set you won’t need to cut back inside sim controls

Uninstalled taburet and no global lights they have been removed this is what I see - small stutter over Boston but nothing major

8xse8o.jpg

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

Thank you Rich, see these bright lightspots the size of a building every few yards there, that’s not NE lights! :smile:
there is something else there adding lights to the mix; we assume a complete darkness as our starting point,
we don’t have lights that are this big; its just unproportioned you can clearly see that next to our lights,
its most likely FTX light, try this to see if it helps first,

let’s disable FTX light by moving these files out of their active directory into a temp one,
in P3D\Scenery\Global\scenery\ (im not sure if this is the path in P3D if installed externally)
this will completely disable ftx global lighting everywhere!

Orbx_StreetLightV_Nguid.BGL
Orbx_StreetLightV_NA.BGL
3D_Light_NEW_DDN_1_5.BGL
3D_Light_NEW_SDN4.BGL

i need to bring you first to complete darkness; after that switch NE back ON

Tank you Rich, see these bright lights spots the size of a building every few yards there, that’s not NE lights! :smile:

there is something else there adding lights to the mix; we assume a complete darkness as our starting point,

we don’t have light that are this big; its just unproportioned you can clearly see that next to our lights,

its most likely FTX light, try this to see if it helps first,

let’s disable FTX light completely by moving these files out of their active directory into a temp one,

in P3D\Scenery\Global\scenery\ (im not sure if this is the path in P3D if installed externally)

disable the following to completely rid of ftx global lighting everywhere!

Orbx_StreetLightV_Nguid.BGL

Orbx_StreetLightV_NA.BGL

3D_Light_NEW_DDN_1_5.BGL

3D_Light_NEW_SDN4.BGL

i need to bring you first to complete darkness; after that switch NE back ON

You are right - p3d is not saving the add in of NE - ever since I updated P3D scenery library is giving me order messages but its in order I have checked and when I add NE it doesnt take - thinking orbx has caused a problem when I did the update process instead of a fresh install - should have listened to myself - always do a fresh install - thank Chris

Yes I saw your post in your forum about moving those orbx files - did that all ready 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Thank you Rich :smile:
it’s true, it’s been somewhat a sensitive issue in 3.2 with client only update;
many have suffered unexplained anomalies when going client only update route,
mainly people with complex setups; the plain vanilla one's do not experience these issues,

can you verify please that FTX light files are not sitting in external active folder somewhere?

Thank you Rich :smile:

it’s true, it’s been somewhat a sensitive issue in 3.2 with client only update;

many have suffered unexplained anomalies when going client only update route,

mainly people with complex setups; the plain vanilla one's do not experience these issues,

can you verify please that FTX light files are not sitting in external active folder somewhere?

All set now Chris - deleted scenery cfg's and library is working now - thank you pm sent

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

look here about 90 seconds into the clip Mike banks right and the screen lights up somewhere in Florida,
note his lights in view are fairly unified in size and nothing jumps out or too bright or out of proportion,

look here about 90 seconds into the clip Mike banks right and the screen lights up somewhere in Florida,

note his lights in view are fairly unified in size and nothing jumps out or too bright in proportionally,

Got it sorted out after deleting scenery.cfg file - fresh start and it works with entry's proper now you just have to reload them in library - sent you a shot so its all NE 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

maybe you should show the guys following this; yes i know it’s not perfect yet,

but it’s just NE at this point which is where we need to be to start with,

maybe you should show the guys following this; yes i know it’s not perfect yet,

but it’s just NE at this point which is where we need to be to start with,

This Chris ?

fwbxk.jpg

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

Thank you Rich, that exactly it,

way over saturated; but this is un adjusted yet plain vanilla HDR and Tess ON,

just come to show what to expect in your night views with only NE active as it should,

from here we will adjust visuals and ambiance further; but this is the starting point,

you can probably crank things back up now in Sim to where they were before and balance VAS from there again,

Thank you Rich, that exactly it,

way over saturated; but this is un adjusted yet plain vanilla HDR and Tess ON,

just come to show what to expect in your night views with only NE active as it should,

from here we will adjust visuals and ambiance further; but this is the starting point,

you can probably crank things back up now in Sim to where they were before and balance VAS from there again,

Ok Chris thanks for the amazing support - much appreciated   :wink:

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

Stunning Buddy!

Hi Billy - thanks Buddy  :smile:

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett