Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

Flying Russian Aircraft - anyone else like these?

Hello,Just a word from a sim flyer who really enjoys these addons! Since this is only a hobby of mine and I am not a real pilot, I cannot comment on "reality" of flight or aircraft performance.I own both the IGFLY TU-154B and the SCDS YAK-40. For me, they are the most engrossing addons that I sim fly. I also have the MDMAX and believe that when I get around to it, it too will be engrossing. I own about every payware "high-end" sim and still find these the most challenging. I recently "mastered" the Majestic Dash8 and still would rather fly the Russian sims.I do not speak Russian or even read it a littleThe documentation for the addons is in englishThe help and tooltips for the TU-154B are in englishThe callouts are in Russian but they are also shown in english textWhat I marvel at is the level of detail (not eye candy) that the developers have put into these sims. If the checklists are not followed correctly, you cannot fly these "beasts" I bought one Russian scenery from IGFLY (UUDD Moscow airport) This is also very detailed and has many moving trucks and support vehicles that are really fun to "taxi-out" and avoid.I have also received fabulous support from the IGFLY support team whan I failed to understand the complexity of the Autopilot in the TU-154B.My next folly will be in the Project TU154B which is freeware and looks fabulous.My firat venture into a "US Aircraft" for complexity will be the MDMAXAnyway, just a word that I thought would be of interest to anyone looking for "deep procedural" sims that are not flown anywhere near their home - mine is near KCHS.Happy sim flying and cheers,Ron Sagel

Hi, Ron,Like you, I've discovered Russian sims. I find them engrossing and interesting: not only do you have to learn the proper procedures--which often differ from those of North American/Western European aircraft--you have to learn Cyrillic and the metric system at the same time.I bought IGFLY's Tu-154M in June, and just today, I bought SCDS's Yak-40. The Yak-40 is proving to be especially interesting: two of the versions of the Yak-40 aircraft modelled in version 1.4 don't have VOR radios, just ADFs. Flying around Russia from NDB to NDB is ... challenging. :-)I haven't installed any payware Russian scenery, but I'm about to look around for some freeware scenery.Cheers!Joel

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Guest ecv737

I have also discovered the Russian aircrafts. I own the Yak 40 version 1.4 and version 2 is just around the corner.Like you say, Joel, everything is done different there, but the Cyrillic stuff is going to be replaced in the 2.2 version with instruments identifications in English (as a choice), and the manual are being adapted to that.Like you , I am very impressed with the level of detail, and in the case of SCDS (makers of the YAK 40, the customer service is escellent.I can not say the same for the IGFLY People . I bought one of their addons on the 6th of last month and I am still waiting for my key eventhough they already collected my money. I have sent them at least 5 emails, have posted in their Forum, and nothing has happened . Since I paid with a credit card I will try to get my money back from them ( They use Regnow I guess).I am surprised, Ron,rthat you have got such fabulous customer support from them.Maybe I have bad luck....If you look in their Forum (it was like that 2 weeks ago, out of 9 postings, 5 were people complaining about having paid and not getting their keys ( at least for this particular addon WALK and FOLLOW-an Active camera look alike).There I also found out that Walk and Follow can not be used as of now with PMDG B747, and their suggested interim solution did not work, and there were all kind of peple mad because this is payware item.Becuse of that (customer sevice, and what looks to me like a very baddly run operation vis avis emailing keys) I did not get their TU-154B and did not buy their Moscow scenery.Edmundo Cardenas

I've flown Tu-134, -154, Il-18, -62, -86, and An-24 as a passenger and that was more than enough for me :)I'm amazed I survived the experience in fact, having experienced in 3 weeks of flying Aeroflot nearly every day enough near accidents and drunk pilots to last a lifetime.

Guest georg

>I've flown Tu-134, -154, Il-18, -62, -86, and An-24 as a>passenger and that was more than enough for me :)>>I'm amazed I survived the experience in fact, having>experienced in 3 weeks of flying Aeroflot nearly every day>enough near accidents and drunk pilots to last a lifetime.LOL! I'm quite sure it was enough Russian aircraft flying! Even if the Tu-134 and 154 are cool to fly in FS, they look pretty scary in real today. There's a Tu-134 parked at my home airport which is probably able to fly a few miles if it becomes necessary (there are no removed parts or anything), but it has been there without use for about 10 years now I guess and they are selling it for 51500 EUR. Go get it while you can! :D

Sorry, it's illegal to import asbestos :)

Project Tupolev 154 Rocks! I am still amazed (and gratefull) it is not payware. Those guys have done what a lot of people said it was impossible in FS for a long while. I have been mostly flying the PT-154 in the last months, with DF 727's more recently. I thinking about purchasing the Yak-40 and hope Samdim releases teh TU-134, to check it out. I also forgot the Tu-114, which rocks too! and there are a few more that I had not had a chance to fly yet. SO yes, I do enjoy the Russian planes...regards,Macs.

Guest ha5mvo

PT is an ever evolving project - it will just keep getting better and better.Now, a small request...Does anyone have any video materials or any information regarding the KLN90B sid/star handling.In particular the following:1)adding more than one sid/star to the plan2)indications on the "plan" pages3)running through the sid/star waypoints with the cursor4)deleting a sid/star from the planany input will be welcomed :)thanx//Michael

>LOL! I'm quite sure it was enough Russian aircraft flying!>Even if the Tu-134 and 154 are cool to fly in FS, they look>pretty scary in real today. I've flown Tu-134, An-24, Tu-154, Il-62 and most of the Boeings, Douglases and Airbuses and I honestly find Tu-134 one of the most comfortable planes to fly (together with MD-83). Now go to the aviation safety network database and find me the last Tu-134 accident with fatalities. Not counting the last year's terrorist attack on RA-65080, the last one crashed in Cambodia 8 years ago and it was a pilots' fault. Nevertheless hundreds of Tu-134s are still in service. So first look at the statistics before stating that this plane is dangerous to fly. By the way, look at the Boeing 737 crash statistics and compare ! Four of them crashed this year, 367 people died !As for drunk pilots, this is a clich

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

I love them, both real and FS. In real life I've flown in TU-134 and 154 also an AN24 - which was noisy :-)In FS I get much more fun out of my 134, 154 and AN-24 than most (but not all) other aircraft.http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

How can you not love them!I've been flying Russian aircraft since they first appeared for FS. Wonderful work by the Russian developers involved. Amazing attention detail.Together with the Tu-154, Tu-134 and the Tu-114, Antonov An-2, Antonov An-24 and 26 and of course the Tu-144. Can't stop looking at it, especially in landing configuration .................. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/130626.jpg

John

Guest ghrasko

Release 2.0 of the An24RV aircraft is out for a half year. Now we moved the An24RV site to a faster server and it has a new domain: http://an24.uw.huWe uploaded new dynamics and a completely new sound set. Please visit the BETA tab on the site for the newest patches, improvements!Gabor

Guest ha5mvo

Gabor,The link seems to be dead....I'm realt looking forward to the updated dynamics.This seens to be the one improvement missing on an otherwise outstanding, top-notch package.//Michael

Guest ghrasko

Dead???My God! Is it possible that this domain is not accessible from abroad???I will check.Gabor