Sign in to follow this  
Adam DuPont

C404 Titan Engine 1 Not Starting Up in C&D.

Hello Guys,

I've been having an issue with the C404. Every time I attempt to start up the Titan from Cold and Dark, I am unable to start Engine 1 (Left Engine), but Engine 2 fires up with no issue at all. Is it possible that I've missed a step in the process of starting the engines? Or is there a known bug tied to the C404 that causes Engine 1 to not fire up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Adam

I've had no problem starting the enginessential individually from cold and dark. Sounds like that engines mags are off or the mixture isn't advanced.

Fuel selectors not correctly set?  Perhaps you changed your saved "default flight" to something other than a stock MS aircraft?  I prefer to leave the default flight set to the Cessna 172, with its fuel selector set to "both" tanks.  Doing this eliminates problems with some add-on aircraft.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

For LZScout: 

I made sure that mags were in fact on for the startup and that mixture was set properly. It's still having the same issue with start up.

For stans:

When I started the plane up I was almost certain that fuel selectors were configured properly, I can always go back and double check. On the other hand, I didn't know that the default plane for startup could affect add-on planes. If the "default flight" plane you're talking about is the one that loads in upon firing up FSX, then mine is the Trike Ultralight, which may explain the engine complication. I'll swap it to the 172 to see if that fixes anything. If it does the trick, then Thank You! If it doesn't, then it looks like I'm stuck at square one.

Thanks for the Help so far!

UPDATE:

The default plane swap has appeared to work! Thank you stans and LZScout for the help!

Some add-on aircraft have their own systems modeling, but some use the stock MS systems.  Carenado does not provide its own systems modeling.  With add-on aircraft that use the MS modeling, if the saved flight is not a default aircraft with at least the fuel system set to use all fuel tanks, the add-on aircraft will not operate correctly.  This is just a little bug with MS flight sim and a very good reason to not change the default flight.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.