Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

Testing MCE commands with PF3

I've been using MCE with PF3 pretty regularly. In most cases, the interface seems to run well. However, there are a few cases where I cannot seem to initiate the correct MCE words to obtain the correct keyboard response for PF3.

For instance, I'm on an IFR flight and have been given an ILS approach. Approach clears me to the approach and asks me to contact Tower, once I'm established on ILS final.

After acknowledging the command, I switch to the correct Tower frequency. When I am established on the ILS approach, I say Tower, (my call sign), established ILS.

However, nothing happens. I say this several times and finally give up and simply press the correct key...

Unfortunately, I only get a few chances to test the different phrases before I land...

The only way to test again, is to simply re fly the entire route, get to the ILS approach, where I again try to say the correct commands.

Is there another way I can practice saying the correct words and actually 'see' how MCE interprets the command and initiates the correct keyboard number?

Something like opening Notepad, and after saying the correct phrase, see the number MCE applies in notepad?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Hi Jeffb,

I have the same issue, I'm currently having email conversations with Ben to help sort this out. I think we might have found the problem, once I hear from Ben I will post again or the guys at MCE will :)

Rob

Hi Jeffb,

I have the same issue, I'm currently having email conversations with Ben to help sort this out. I think we might have found the problem, once I hear from Ben I will post again or the guys at MCE will :)

Rob

Hi Rob,

Any update on your testing with MCE/PF3?

I'm following your other threads in the OnCourse forum with great interest too.

I use MCE/PF3 every day now...

I would really like to see the MCE/PF3 interface working better and I know your feedback will help MCE move it along quicker.

Anyway, just wondering how your testing is going.

Thanks!

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Hi everyone,

I also have this problem, albeit with PFE (haven't switched yet). Might even extend to uni- and multicom situations...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else