Sign in to follow this  
Meeko

Errors and Building Database

I have installed the Citation 'as administrator'.  Antivirus was turned off during installation.  When starting the sim 'as administrator' and selecting the Citation I get the following messages. 

Firstly; "Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

Secondly; after okaying that message I get " Access to the path C:\Users\(my name)\appdata\Roaming is denied".  

Thirdly; after okaying the second message I get a third one which is a rimmed box with 'FSX' with in the top rim but the box has no message.  

After getting rid of the third message the Citation loads in all its glory.  At the moment the only thing I'm having trouble with is the loading of the database.  The FMC displays "Loading Data Base" but doesn't do anything else.  It appears to be stuck on that.  No FMC buttons work.  Bringing up 'shift 9' shows nothing is happening.  I've left it for 55 minutes and it hasn't done anything.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with the error messages I got.

I have installed the Citation twice and it's only after the installations I get the messages.  They won't appear if I go back into the flightsim.  I'm running Windows 7, P3D V3.2.  Could this be a Version 3.2 problem?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Meeko

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It seems like I had this error with another Carenado product. 

After you select the sim (FSX/P3D/etc) you get a box to enter the path to sim. After you enter the path you must also click to put a dot in the sim type AGAIN. Then it should install fine. 

I got those same errors installing the 525 into FSX. After I installed, I updated my Navigraph for Carenado. When I started FSX, I had no trouble with the Citation. It loaded, and the database didn't even pause to load. 

Eddie, when I read your reply I wondered what the hell you were talking about.  But ..... after I installed again I looked for this 'dot', and low and behold there it was.  I had missed it twice before.  Now everything is up and running and am looking forward to doing a proper FMC flight.  

Thanks Eddie, and also 300hp for your input.