Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meeko

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Meeko

  1. Hello there Peterwk. Just make sure you have the latest Inibuilds Manager. It should be V 2.6.0. If you have, uninstall the 220, reboot and then reinstall. Hopefully things will be right then. Bruce R
  2. When you install the PC-12 it doesn’t give you the option of the NAV radios like before. SWS’s Facebook page showed how to install the radios via the tablet. However, I had the same tablet problem as Janc above. At the very bottom of my Community folder I found files named z-LiM-SWS-PC12-GTNXi-EFB-v1.0.1 and also z-LiM-SWS-PC12-LiMEFB-v1.0.1. I deleted those and now the new tablet shows up. But, I have a new problem with the 2024 version. I have no ground steering whatsoever. I use the Turtle Beach rudder pedals and the only assignments I have for the rudders are the “Rudder Axis” and “Toe Brakes”. From an outside view, when applying the rudders, the ailerons move but the front wheel remains straight. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? Bruce R
  3. ALT + Q will get rid of the chocks. Bruce R
  4. Maybe time to head over to the Just Flight 146 forum and ask over there. You'll most likely get a reply from one of the devs. 146 Professional | Just Flight Community Bruce R
  5. Just to add to my first message; I've downloaded the latest file which is V1.3.8 but when I run the installer, it's still not opening. The small spinning circle goes around for about 15 seconds then disappears. Nothing happens after that. I wondered if Norton antivirus was doing something so I turned it off. The installer still wouldn't open. After reading SWS's Facebook message I un-installed the previous version and tried running the installer again, but no luck. I even re-installed the previous version and it opened straight away. From all accounts there seems to be a problem with this latest installer, unless someone can come up with a solution for me. Regards,
  6. I received an email from SimWorks Studios this morning (3 Sept 2024) advising of an update for their PC-12. I downloaded the whole file again from my account on their site, but when I run the installer as Administrator nothing happens. I have since downloaded it again, but the installer still does not open. Their Facebook page has the following; “After an unexpected delay, we have finally released the update for our PC-12 on SWS and will soon be available on 3rd party vendors. Version 1.3.7 brings a wide range of fixes and improvements to the aircraft. The update will require a full uninstallation of the old version and re-install of the new one. The engine has been significantly modified, resulting in correct take-off performance and climb rates closer to the POH figures. The ITT now fits non-ISA conditions better. Engine response is faster to throttle changes, and the NG will now stay consistent with altitude. On the ground handling front we have improved ground turns, improved static friction using the new MSFS parameters and better NWS sensitivity. In the flight modelling front we have fixed the right crabbing when deploying flaps, lightened the nose and improved the yaw damper's response. Vertical Speed hold is now smoother, and many autopilot PIDs have been touched up. The avionics have also received further optimization and bug fixes. Most notably, the “scoreboard” atop the EADI provides correct annunciations of active and armed modes, which correspond to the indications on the KMC321 autopilot panel, including armed modes. The Decision Height warning logic has been activated, and the KAS-297 now supports the default key binds for changing the vertical speed and altitude. Finally, some quality-of-life updates have been made, with the most important one being able to toggle between rudder-only and rudder & differential braking for nose-wheel steering, something that has been requested by a lot of users. The “CWS” button has also been exposed for those who want to toggle nose wheel steering by pushing a button, as in the real plane. A new PDF containing L:vars and key binds for the cockpit interactions is also available and can be found in the installation folder under “Manuals”, or in the “Free Extras” area of the PC-12 product page.” I’ve un-installed the previous version but still no luck. I’m keen to hear if anyone else has had similar problems. Bruce Ross NZ
  7. Thanks for replying Bob. Yes the account is 'admin'. I was using W7 and had both FSX and P3D V3 installed. FSX was installed in C:\FSX and P3D in the default x86. Everything worked perfectly. Just last week I upgraded to W10. I then decided, as I was not really using FSX anymore, to un-installed it. I later found I couldn't edit files in P3D such as an aircraft cfg file. On suggestions in this topic I un-installed P3D and re-installed in C:\LM\Prepar3d V3. Now everything is back to working perfectly again. It's quite strange how this happened after upgrading to W10. Everything I have installed in both flight sims has been as an administrator so I guess it should have continued to work in W10. But that's computers for you. Problem has been sorted thanks.
  8. Richard - After your first reply I went into notepad on my desktop, right clicked and opened properties / shortcut / advanced and clicked on the "Run as Administrator". Then tried to edit an aircraft cfg file again. I still had the same problem. I still had to "contact the administrator to obtain permission". That's what was confusing me. Hopefully it's all academic now because P3D has been uninstalled. Today's a new day, 0830 here in NZ, and I'm about to start installing into C:\LM\Prepar3D. It's quite surprising how things accumulate over the years. I have 50 - 60 scenery packages and 17 aircraft addons to install. It will keep me in doors all day. Just as well because the whole country is being hit with a cold blast today. Woke up to snow all around the hills. Regards
  9. With W7 I had FSX installed in C:\FSX and P3D in it's default location in Program Files x86. Everything worked just fine. I took the plunge last week and upgraded to W10. Immediately after that I decided FSX had come to the end of its life so I uninstalled it leaving P3D in Program Files x86. Its only since then I've been having these problems. So thanks gents ..... I'll take on board your advice and uninstall P3D and relocate as C:\ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D V3. A job for next week I think. Thank goodness for retirement; it's not a 5 minute job. Richard A - thanks for the Notepad suggestion. As a matter of interest how do you open a file in notepad as administrator. I can't get my head around that one. Regards
  10. Thanks Rob. Your last two suggestions - turn UAC to never notify, this has always been on the bottom (never notify), and "administrator" has always been checked. Your first suggestion is interesting. P3D was installed into the default location Program Files X86. I didn't realise P3D would have the same problems as FXS had. Do you think the problems could be solved by installing directly into C:\ ? Bruce R
  11. I'm already opening the CFG file in Notepad to edit it. It's when I go to save my entry I get the message. Very frustrating. Bruce R
  12. I have Prepar3d v3, all was well with W7. I have just upgraded to W10 and, as expected, have had my share of problems. Saitek Pro Flight controls was one of them. Problem was solved by FAQ over at Madcatz. Another problem I’m having is this; I’m not able to edit aircraft CFG files in order to install liveries. When I go to save I get the message; “You don’t have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission”. Everything I have installed in P3D has been “Run as Administrator” so I am at a loss to know why this is now an issue. I’m sure there is an easy solution but I’m at my wits end trying to find it. Is there a tick box somewhere, or a slider to adjust? Any help would be appreciated. Bruce R
  13. What you've got is all you're going to get. Carenado don't do manuals or flight tutorials like other developers. You're really left to your own devices. If you have a problem search this forum, and if you can't find an answer, post like you've just done. YouTube is another good source of information. You will often find tutorials there. Bruce R
  14. Jakub, I agree with you, but even Carenado's, far from reality, G1000 is difficult to work out. The real G1000 in the video gives you some idea how it works. You can then relate that to Carenado's very simplified version. I was bamboozled how to figure out Carenado's, but the video certainly gave me some idea how things worked. I now know how to enter flight plans. With the lack of Carenado tutorials, this is better than nothing. Cheers Bruce R
  15. Peter, have a look at this site. I was in the same position as you. It's helped me a lot. It's easy to relate it to the TBM 850's G1000. Cheers Bruce R
  16. Thanks Ray and Jim for your replies. Got it! I knew where the course selector knob was, but I was finding it didn't do anything. I know now I have to be in VOR1 mode to have it display the course setting. Getting into VOR1 was a bit of a mystery solved by your comments. I must say it's not all that reliable. Even after clicking on the LSK1 on the PFD and hi-lighting the NAV SOURCE with a square box, and turning the outer DATA knob on the Display Control Panel, it doesn't always go through FMS1, VOR1, VOR2. I have to persevere a bit in order to scroll down. It get there in the end. Jim, I can see where you're coming from with the preset button. I wandered what it was for. I haven't tried it yet but will on my next flight. Thanks for your help. Bruce R
  17. With the appalling lack of any flight tutorial, would somebody please give me a clue on the following; - When flying in Nav Source - FMS1, and approaching an airport with an ILS, what's the procedure in order to capture the ILS? I have entered the ILS frequency in NAV1 in the TUN page of the FMS but unsure how to enter (where-ever) the course while in FMS1. I've found pressing 'Approach' seems to bring it on the localiser, although that could just be the FMS1 doing that, but there is no indication of the glideslope. Any help would be appreciated. Bruce R
  18. Eddie, when I read your reply I wondered what the hell you were talking about. But ..... after I installed again I looked for this 'dot', and low and behold there it was. I had missed it twice before. Now everything is up and running and am looking forward to doing a proper FMC flight. Thanks Eddie, and also 300hp for your input.
  19. I have installed the Citation 'as administrator'. Antivirus was turned off during installation. When starting the sim 'as administrator' and selecting the Citation I get the following messages. Firstly; "Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Secondly; after okaying that message I get " Access to the path C:\Users\(my name)\appdata\Roaming is denied". Thirdly; after okaying the second message I get a third one which is a rimmed box with 'FSX' with in the top rim but the box has no message. After getting rid of the third message the Citation loads in all its glory. At the moment the only thing I'm having trouble with is the loading of the database. The FMC displays "Loading Data Base" but doesn't do anything else. It appears to be stuck on that. No FMC buttons work. Bringing up 'shift 9' shows nothing is happening. I've left it for 55 minutes and it hasn't done anything. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the error messages I got. I have installed the Citation twice and it's only after the installations I get the messages. They won't appear if I go back into the flightsim. I'm running Windows 7, P3D V3.2. Could this be a Version 3.2 problem? Can anyone enlighten me? Meeko
  20. I would check your IP address. If the 737 is working go into your tablets settings and open up the Virtual CDU (for the 737). Check the VAInterface IP = XXXXXXX (your IP address). Then open up the Virtual CDU 777 and make sure the IP address is the same. Bruce Ross
  21. Yes, I use the M panel for the 777. The only thing that doesn't work for me in the altitude knob. It doesn't matter which way I turn it, it always goes back to '0' and stays there. Apart from that, it's great. Bruce Ross
  22. Thanks Lewis. At the time I did have the latest update installed. I'll never know what caused the errror message - perhaps it was Accu-feel, who knows. I haven't re-installed it yet, may be I'll do it this weekend. Down here in the Southern Hemisphere we're just entering summer so flightsimming is put aside untill either a rainy day or winter comes around again. Cheers Bruce Ross NZ
  23. Jack A few days after I posted this topic it got worse. Whenever I tried to open FSX and got as far as clicking on "Fly Now" my computer crashed to the desktop. After much hesitation and in desparation I re-installed Windows. After re-installing everything I just about cried when FSX still crashed to the desktop. I put one and one together and realised I had recently updated Nvidia drivers. I installed the older drivers back in and the crashes stopped. I suspect the latest drivers had nothing to do with the error original messages. It was probably just a coincidence I had two problems arriving at once. But the good news is the error messages have stopped. I still don't know why I was getting the error message. It's interesting you mentioned A2A Accu-feel as I do have that installed. Regards Bruce Ross
  24. I've just started getting the following error just as FSX loads. * Error "attempt to call a nil value stack traceback" Can anyone tell me what that is? The only other thing I've noticed is I don't have any pictures of aircraft when I go into load one. The only aircraft pictures there are the default ones. There's a space for each aircraft with it's description only. Any ideas/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Bruce Ross
  25. I also had problems updating. When I tried updating nothing happened. I had no error messages. I turned my anti-virus off and it then worked perfectly. Bruce Ross

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.