Sign in to follow this  
timest

Sort of Disappointed

Guest firehawk44

I see the new BEV scenery will now be released on Sat at noon. It's going to be pouring rain here in Northern Virginia on Friday so can't golf and was hoping for an earlier release. Oh well! I'll just have to continue flying with the old stuff for another day. Cheers!Jim

Guest koorby

Hi Jim,It could well be earlier. That date/time is our absolute latest ship date/time. We are right now finalizing the configurator packaging and are on track to release before that deadline. Thanks so much everyone for your patience.

Is the BEV site down or is it just my extremely miserable connection playing tricks on me again :).OHN

Well it will be fascinating to see how this addon goes in the cold light of day after all the hype. I'm one of those who have seen all the screenshots and still find any improvement over the default textures somewhat illusive. The new autogen looks good but when you have to set autogen to 50% or less to get decent framrates with the PMDG 747 on approach to complex airports perhaps of limited benefit. However I will freely eat my words if the FS community takes to BEV with all the enthusiasm the pre sale promo would have us expect.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest ThrottleUp

I primarily want this to make desert areas in FS9 look...well like desert!Yesterday I was highly annoyed when I flew an Emirates 777 out of Dubai and felt like I was flying over the Scotland. Green rolling hills as far as the eye could see http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/cute_smileys/bug_thinking.gifAlthough I know its going to be sometime before BEV gets to that part of the world. In the meantime I will try and find something else!

You're saying you don't see a difference between default and BEV textures looking at the screenshots? That's strange, the difference between the two was (for me) immediately apparent and significant.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

what you are seeing with green in the desert is a bad default landclass. some areas have landclass files you can download here in the library or elsewhere

Is the initial release still summer textures? I'll wait for fall if that is the case. And I also do not see signicant differences from the screen shots. I have FSgenesis and UT installed and those two quality add-ons mask somewhat the changes?Screenshots may not capture the full improvements and I look forward to hearing from others who purchase.Bob... :)

Well there is one screenshot of an urban area and initially I thought that looks great, then I looked more closely at the caption and it was with the default textures. The BEV equivalent looked different but IMHO not significantly better. However I'm open to being convinced on this one and will probably buy one set. But even if BEV turns out to be as good as the hype would suggest, replacing the default textures for 4/5 seasons in 3 or 4 regions is going to be very expensive and makes complaints about the cost of other addons such as the PMDG 747, the Majestic Software Dash 8 or upcoming Capt Sim C130 look very minor indeed.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest koorby

Hi Bruce,For 12 bucks you can make up your own mind. Heck, Flight1 even have a money-back guarantee, so you can't lose.For me, having used BEV now for some 4-5 months, I simply cannot fly FS9 using default textures ever again; almost makes me puke. It takes more than just FSG and UT to give it a makerover. Consider BEV the third part of that "Trilogy" :)Oh, and a side benefit. If you check the MS Terrain SDK, and read the docs, you'll know that most of the world uses the North America textures anyway - so you'll see a massive upgrade outside the USA/Canada right out of the box.Hope you won't be disappointed guys; we're sorta counting on it, LOL!

but only if you are flying in the summer, kind of a bummer since the summer is basically over

Guest ponyboy

Just want to wish you guys over at BEV the best on your impending release. I think the "trilogy" comparison is a good way to put it. Sort of like simmers using Active Sky and Flight Environment together to compliment each other. I think this might actually be the first addon I buy the day it's released (that is, if I can get through ;) ) Can't wait to see all those little autogen houses lined up in a row.Which leads me to a question if any BEV people read this. We know about Ultimate Terrain's issue of their nice 3-D lights causing one to lose much of their autogen. As well as if you use ALL roads in your selection. Has BEV found a way to fix this a little (I know its a FS2004 thing). But I would hate to fly at dusk with all my street lights shining and no little BEV autogen houses all in a row :( Infact, I can't remember seeing any BEV photos or videos taken at night? Only in daytime where you match it up with Ultimate Terrain nicely.Thx, pony