Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

Major Installation issue P3D V 3.2

I have just completed a fresh download and have followed the correct processes and have placed P3D in my C drive and again P3D will not open on my desktop screen,the blue screen just hangs there as before.

Now,I am really at a loss.

Further help would be appreciated.

Michael

Michael Broom

Geez Michael your not having a good time of it.  

Did you download the Complete folder and run the Setup.exe ? 

Does your Downloaded folder look like this. 

25611498404_424ee80ac7_o.png

-------------------------------

Also,  does your Programs and Features have the correct Prepar3D Installers all

26190453436_855ef009c4_o.png

Hi again Elaine,

Yes,everything is exactly the same,nothing different.

Would welcome further observations/thoughts please.

Michael

Michael Broom

Michael,

Did you delete the Prepar3D folder in My Documents before installing 3.2? I had an issue similar to yours. Prepar3D didn't like the default flight, and would not load.

delete P3d as previous recommended,run CC to remove registry leftovers,then install the three programs on there own,1= install client 2=install Content,3=install Scenery,various install problems were reported on LM forums and this method seemed to sort them,hope this works for you!

you could have some left over registry entries from a previous install,which you search for and remove with Reg edit function but unless you are really happy playing with the reg-edit function leave it alone, it could really mess things up for you

Peter

Uninstall P3D and delete the folders. Create a NEW user on your system with admin rights.Log in as that user. Install P3D using run as admin.

See if that helps. If it does, it might indicate that something is left over under your old user that is interfering.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I am having to do s re install of Windows 7 to solve my problem and therefore start from scratch.

Thanks for all your help.

Michael

Michael Broom