Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Adding Win 10 laptop to Win 7 Homegroup...

I am adding a Win 10 laptop to a Homegroup consisting of all Win 7 PC's.  Wanted to have it run some FS 3rd party programs like AI Super Traffic Board. 

So I had the Win 10 laptop join my Homegroup,  was simple and harmless,  and I can see it there but if I try to access it from one of my Win7 pcs, I get a window stating I need to input my Network Username and password (didn't know I had one as I have never come across this in the past using just Win7 pcs).  Even created a "test folder" fully shared with the Homegroup I cannot access it as well.

I will start researching on what's going on but I figured a few of you simmers may have encountered the same issue when doing the same with some extra computers laying around of mixed OS's (Win7 and Win10).  Been awhile since I have had to mess with networks so anyone know where to start on how to resolve this?

Thx,

Clutch

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You need to log into both machines using the same username and password, I would guess that you have your accounts set up without passwords at the moment ?

Try going to

control panel - network - internet- homegroup and at the bottom you should find something on view or print homegroup password....

hope this can help.

Thx for the reply guys.  Discovered my one of my other Win7 machines was working just fine with the Win 10 laptop with just the simple "join Homegroup" setup.  Discovered some services error with the machine not talking with the Win 10.  So I guess I was doing it correct after all. Just some services that never started.