Sign in to follow this  
ablackhawk2

FSX fails to start

The problem I have is when FSX starts you get that first screen. Then the second screen starts this is when the problem happens. As it starts it disappears and  FSX does not start. Any idea what is going on?

Ken

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try deleting your FSX.CFG (default location is C:\Users\[Your Account Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXGoogle for location. You may have to "Show Hidden Folders" to see the AppData folder.

FSX will rebuild it the next time it starts.

After you start FSX for the first time, you'll need to add back HighMemFix=1 to your [Graphics} section and any other tweaks you had.The AVSIM FSX/P3D Config Guide (located on the right side of this page) can help you with this.

Best wishes.

Two reasons why FSX wont start and not for complex reasons.

1. The logbook.bin file gets corrupted (for various reasons).. Before wasting a lot of time looking for why it wont start, delete that file ( in Flight Simulator X Files folder in My Documents) and start FSX again and force it to rebuild the logbook. If it starts up then thats the problem.. but of course you lose the logbook history. so dont dump it permanently,, wait to see if that was really the problem. ...and I found a gem of a bit of software on Avsim ... fsxlogrecovery11... that recovers the logbook if it does get corrupted.

2. Another annoying reason why it wont get past the first screen ..if there is an error message which gets hidden behind the main screen so you dont know FSX is waiting for you to respond.. Hover the cursor over FSX in the taskbar and see if an error window is there. Ive found that this happens if you are doing other stuff on the PC whilst FSX is starting up.

Move your dll.xml over to a temporary folder and restart FSX.  The modules in your dll.xml and exe.xml (if installed) are the first to load at startup.  If they are corrupted, missing, or the dll.xml is corrupted, the sim will not start.  Sometimes too, if you have FSDT or FlightBeam airport scenery, you need to reinstall the latest standalone addon manager and that will fix the problem.

Best regards,

Man thanks to all. The one that fixed it was the FSDT, I had just installed it after that is when the problem started.

Again big thanks.

Ken