Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

Set Course commands not working?

Hi Bryan,

Having just read about the status of the upcoming update to Reboot with Emergencey (cool), I was reminded of a few recent repeatable observations I hope you might be able to check and/or fix before the update is released.  The following two phrases used to work flawless for me prior to Reboot.  This using the latest available version of reboot and all other Reboot functions and phrases operate normally.  Perhaps these are already in the update - not sure...

Using SOP2:

Landing lights at 10k decent are ignored - still toggled at 18k.

Using SOP2 (The phrases are completely inop)

Set Course my side xxx

Set Course your side xxx

Thanks and regards,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Set Course my side xxx
Set Course your side xxx

I'll check the landing lights at 10K option, but for course please use this phrase... I think you forgot the "on" part.

Set Course "On" My Side XXX

Set Course "On" Your Side XXX

Cheers,

I just looked at the Landing lights.

Are you positive you have SOP 2 enabled.

Codewise, it shouldn't be possible for the Fixed Landing lights to come on at 18,000 feet in the descent with SOP 2.

Unless maybe your cruise altitude is 18,000 feet?  And you have the option set to turn on the fixed landing lights at cruise...

Are you sure you are in Descent Mode?

I'll check the landing lights at 10K option, but for course please use this phrase... I think you forgot the "on" part.

Set Course "On" My Side XXX

Set Course "On" Your Side XXX

Ah, that could explain it - the word "on" was never required in previous versions. Nuance difference like this between versions drive me insane. I will give it go this weekend.

Are you positive you have SOP 2 enabled.

Codewise, it shouldn't be possible for the Fixed Landing lights to come on at 18,000 feet in the descent with SOP 2.

Unless maybe your cruise altitude is 18,000 feet? And you have the option set to turn on the fixed landing lights at cruise...

Yup, I'm sure as SOP2 is all I have ever used. To clarify however, it's only the fixed landing lights (two right switches) that are always turned on at 18k feet, regardless of the 10k setting in the FS2Crew options.

Yup, I'm sure as SOP2 is all I have ever used. To clarify however, it's only the fixed landing lights (two right switches) that are always turned on at 18k feet, regardless of the 10k setting in the FS2Crew options.

Look on page CONFIG - MISC(2)

Set the SOP2 FORCE TL FLOW TO 10K option to YES.

The problem in your case was the FO was doing his transition level flow at 18,000 feet (the TL in the USA), and that flow includes turning on the Fixed Landing lights, and the Fixed Landing Lights Config option, which you were trying to use, has no control over that flow.

Clear as mud?   :Tounge:

Ah ha! Muddy waters to the rescue! Wasn't that a band? Thanks Bryan, and my apologies for distracting you during your final update checks. Now please, get back to work! :)