Sign in to follow this  
AirCool

WoAI, AIFP, and Outdated Airport Info

*Disclaimer* Wasn't entirely sure if this was the right place to put this, however I figured this was the most likely candidate out of the sub forums, if an Admin or Mod finds that this is in the wrong place, feel free to chuck it to the forum it needs to be in. Thank you! *End Disclaimer*

Hello,

I have recently gone back to WoAI after using My Traffic X for a while and wanted to edit some of the AI's flight plans, so naturally I pulled up AIFP and set off. In doing so I found that the data for WoAI flight plans were too new, as the flight plans were using Airports that weren't in the base game due to them being constructed and activated fairly recently. For example I was trying to work on KLM flight plans and it came up with at least 4 different destinations in the Airport section of AIFP that had no positional information on them because they aren't actually in FSX. 

Being that WoAI flight plans are individual packages, I'd need to go through every single airline and search through all their destination's to find every non-default airport. This makes it fairly difficult and VERY time consuming to fix everything, however I can imagine, or at least hope, that someone around here knows of a shorter route to finding and replacing/updating this info, as I have little knowledge of the workings of AIFP.

If anyone has any information on any way I can ease this process and can give me a hand, please let me know.

Thank you very much to all posters,

AirCool

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Iit isnt really an issue as the planes wont spawn with no airport to spawn at or no destination to fly too.

I do not think there is a search and replace all feature, you can find out which plans are using old airport codes by searching for those codes and it will tell you all the traffic files that have them. So you then decompile into txt files, replace the airport code in the flightplans txt file and compile again.

If you dig into the AIFP manual, there is a way to update the airport data world wide by adding newer airport codes and their details. You can then interpolate them via AIFP into the necessary flight plans. I have done it several times.

Thank you to every body who responded. In the end it wasn't worth while enough for me to replace every thing or search for it as there weren't enough major airports in the world that have been replaced. The only ones that really stood out to me as I was going through the list was the new Bangkok airport (Suvarabhumi) or something like that, the new airport in Quito, Ecuador, and one in Doha, Qatar. But I haven't flown to any of those recently and really don't plan on it in the near future, but will probably add some add on scenery if I feel it is necessary. But thanks anyway.

Have a good day all,

AirCool