Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Handley Page Victor interior sound?

I've always had a soft spot for the old Victor & thanks to Virtavia's back catalogue of freeware Alphasim aircraft I can enjoy a lovely looking representation of this fine aeroplane.

I have tinkered around with the sound sliders, but the cockpit noise doesn't change even with the sliders un-ticked. The environmental noise appears to be coded into the model somehow... and it's too loud :)

I've read about people using headsets and separating the sound from PC speakers (ATC etc.) but I'm happy for now with all the other aircraft in my collection.

Any ideas please?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I am not sure whether this will work in your case. But I had once such an instance too and have used a new sound file from another plane (ideally with similar engines) and the issue was gone. Maybe you try first with the sound file from the default 737, just to see whether this helps.

Good luck,

Bernd

• Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Thanks. I may just see if I can use a sound file for the Rolls Royce Conway engines - I know there's some of those around for the VC-10, despite the differing engine locations.

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Well, whilst the sim does respond to altering the sound - aliasing to the stock Lear for example, the roaring noise in the cockpit, and the external views is still there. The noise gets muted when the engines spool up for example but it always comes back. If I untick ALL the sound sliders, I still get the noise which spools up and down with throttle movement.

The only way to eliminate it is to turn the sound off altogether (Q key). This is a strange one :( 

Mark Robinson

No. Just the basic FSX:SE install. The only payware add-on I have is the HD airport graphics DLC (Zinertek). I also run FS open clouds. Apart from that I just have freeware add-on aircraft and some freeware airport updates. Thanks for asking.  :hi:

Mark Robinson

It's just that Accufeel has additional cockpit wind noises and I find when I'm troubleshooting, I always forget about Accufeel, because it works by default. 

• Upvote 1