Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

user defined checklist GTN 750

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. the .ace file that you create with the Checklist Editor gets placed in the root folder of your aircraft... so your flight sim install folder/SimObjects/Airplane/[name of your plane]

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Does anyone have one made where I can download and test to see how it works?

Do you have any of these planes:

http://library.flight1.net/?category=23

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

gboz thanks for that link!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm interested in this checklist feature as well for the GTN. I just read it on their forum about this feature, does anyone have clear instructions on how to do this? I already downloaded the Garmin checklist editor 2.30, so my understanding is we need a seperate checklist file (.ace) for each plane?

Correct. You can have one separate checklist file for each plane. This is very nice, because you obviously need different checklists for different aircraft.

Does anyone have one made where I can download and test to see how it works?

You can search the AVSIM library for "checklists". You should find three of mine, respectively for Milviz B55, Carenado AS500 Shrike and Carenado Cessna F406. Other checklists for the Flysimware MU-2 and Lear 35A have been provided here by other users, not sure if they were also uploaded to library, though. But you should find the links somewhere in the Flysimware forum. Finally, you can check the Flight1 library for a list of other checklists.

does anyone have clear instructions on how to do this?

The procedure is very simple. You definitely need to work within the Checklist Editor to create a new checklist. Keep in mind that this editor has an anti-tamper protection. Any attempt to modify it with any external editor (i.e. Notepad) will result in a corrupted and unusable ACE file. You can use another checklist as template to create a new checklist for another aircraft, provided you work within the Garmin editor and you make all edits within the editor.

So do these files reside in the root directory where all the card files are?

Correct. The checklist file must be named "chklist.ace" and reside within the aircraft root directory. Your GTN will load it when you load the aircraft in your simulator. Once you are in the cockpit, the checklist will be accessible from the main GTN screen under "Utilities/Checklists". If you download a checklist wih a longer name (i.e. "chklist_baronb55"), remember to rename it to "chklist.ace" once you saved the file within the appropriate root directory of the aircraft.

So I will have mulitple ace files for multiple aircrafts correct?

Absolutely. You can create as many checklists as you want for all the aircraft you want.

Where can I find this tutorial?

If my memory does not fail, a tutorial PDF is included with the the latest GTN v.14. Make sure you have this version or checklists will not work.

Note.

Sorry for splitting my reply. AVSIM allows a limited number of quote blocks. Also, I had to wait several minutes before posting the second part, supposedly because of some antiflood protection.