Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Request Permission To Buzz The Tower!

Im playing around with G2XPL and created some photo scenery for Phoenix.. I took the default F4 Phantom up so I could get a quick look at how it came out.

FYI - These airports are all freeware from Mister6X.

Rob

1_zpsvzdwtqmq.jpg

2_zps5gl83cnl.jpg

3_zpsd6twjhjd.jpg

5_zps3l6g02zn.jpg

4_zpsgawugsju.jpg

6_zpskci79vo0.jpg

8_zps8kzwyahp.jpg

7_zpsohxplixz.jpg

10_zpsvcwvgc4s.jpg

9_zpszoeryrug.jpg

11_zpsyabd9wbh.jpg

14_zpsbtgrvxkb.jpg

12_zpsqeei9th4.jpg

13_zpsaumckxvb.jpg

15_zps0uitdcn5.jpg

16_zpsuracy46y.jpg

• Upvote 2

Scenery is working well and love the F4!

HLJAMES

BEAUTIFUL! If you'd have taken a Tomcat for a flyby, then I would have had to say "Negative, Ghostrider. The pattern is full!" ;)

Slightly disappointing in that you did not have the burners lit when you buzzed the tower!....  :Devil:

Excellent job on the photoscenery!! Whose F-4 is that? It's a gorgeous beast (Phantoms are phantastic IMHO)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

amazing shots! those clouds look great, what addons are you using if I may ask? :)

True story, I was in Korea during an exercise working in the control tower.  We were under simulated attack with live F4s.  I was ducked down and I looked up at the moment and saw a Marine Corps F4 just before he screamed right over the top of the tower...maybe 200 ft above...just had time to brace myself for the sound.  Holy crap it was loud.  I hated that exercise.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

True story about one of your F-4s on this side of the pond. Back when I was a Cadet in the Air Training Corps - I was about 14 years old or so (1980) we were on a visit to RAF Spadeadam in Cumbria. It is used as a practice range for all kinds of fighters and bombers, including USAF. There was a dummy airfield set up - emplacements with old Bofors AA guns, ploughed strip for a runway, etc. Well, we were allowed to explore the old stuff (too much Health & Safety for it to happen today!). One of my mates was clambering up the ladder on the outside for an old comms/radio/radar trailer. I heard a faint whistling noise with an edge to it. I turned round in just enough time to shout "PHANTOM!" & then cover my ears. Poor Brian was hanging on to that ladder and nearly dropped of it in fright and being deafened. That F-4 was low and motoring too! It stayed around for a little while - long enough for us to try and track it with a nearby Bofors; the azimuth handle freed up, but the elevation wouldn't. As you can imagine it was an utter failure on our part - we couldn't crank the old rusty thing fast enough! What a laugh!

Don't know if the F-4 guys had seen us, but when they left the range the pilot rocked the wings (maybe they all did that anyway to wave goodbye to the range, but we like to think it was for us! :dance: )

Ahem. I digress.  :Shame On You:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Insanely Great!!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick