Hi all,

My specs are in the sign below.

I have AM=244 in fsx.cfg

Usually m sim runs in the 60c except when I enable thread optimization in NVI, when temps hit high 70C, quite often, only for a couple of seconds.

However, I noticed my fPS stays at 20, its set at 21 in fsx.cfg and 20 in NVI.

Is high temps a effect of enabling thread optimization ?

Thanks

My 980ti will hit temps that high while gaming. It is normal and the cards are designed to handle it. I don't like my temps that high however; so I go into my ASUS Strix utility and manually set my fans on full blast to cool the card down. It will usually cool them to about 45C which Im fine with...it's loud as hell though. What card do you have and did it come with software to manually adjust the fans? Also, I do not use Thread Optimization but if you notice a temp change with it try using it with and without to see if there is truly any benefit. You could try and install a couple case fans as that may help too.

Cheers!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

My 980ti will hit temps that high while gaming. It is normal and the cards are designed to handle it. I don't like my temps that high however; so I go into my ASUS Strix utility and manually set my fans on full blast to cool the card down. It will usually cool them to about 45C which Im fine with...it's loud as hell though. What card do you have and did it come with software to manually adjust the fans? Also, I do not use Thread Optimization but if you notice a temp change with it try using it with and without to see if there is truly any benefit. You could try and install a couple case fans as that may help too.

Cheers!

The issue is with CPU temp, GPU temp seems fine.

Also I noticed with thread optimization, my gpu usage goes down.....

Do you have a water cooled cpu or is it just a general fan layout?

If you have a water based cooler check which way the fans are drawing air in i found that drawing air from the outside across the radiator much better at cooling the cpu and adjusted the other case fans to draw the heat away from inside the casing

If you only have casing fans it might be worth looking at what gives the best cooling/drawing combo ie draw cold air in from lower down and blow the hotter air from the top fans of your casing

Pete Little