Sign in to follow this  
Humberside

Default PMDG Options

Hi

As I'm from the UK, I operated from UK/European airports which use HPA, when I load the 737, 777 and I'm guessing the 747, they load automatically with IN, is there a setting where the pressure setting loads in as HPA as default. 

Joe

As I'm from the UK, I operated from UK/European airports which use HPA, when I load the 737, 777 and I'm guessing the 747, they load automatically with IN, is there a setting where the pressure setting loads in as HPA as default. 

Yes.

One option is to download and use a livery from an operator in the UK or KG/HPA areas of the world. Those automatically default to what the operator uses. Alternatively, you can change the setting by clicking MENU on the FMC, and then PMDG SETUP. It will be in those menus. There is a lot more detail in the Intro Manual (please take a few moments to read this - it looks like a longer read, but most of it is pictures).

Do keep in mind, however, with the altimeter knob, it is driven by the panel state. Take your default panel state, flip the knob to HPA, and then save the panel state. The procedure for this is also addressed in the Intro Manual.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the quick reply Kyle,

I flicked through the options earlier and couldn't see it

One option is to download and use a livery from an operator in the UK or KG/HPA areas of the world

Does this depend on how a author sets the aircraft up as I fly for Thomson Virtual and their custom made liveries still have IN as default?

I flicked through the options earlier and couldn't see it

It should be called "Customize Your PMDG 737NGX Experience," I believe. That's what the original version of the Intro called the section (I only have the older version on hand at the day job, unfortunately). Either way, it's definitely in there.

Does this depend on how a author sets the aircraft up

Yes. If it's a custom (non-PMDG) livery, it depends on how the livery was set up by that painter.

Kyle Rodgers

It should be called "Customize Your PMDG 737NGX Experience," I believe. That's what the original version of the Intro called the section (I only have the older version on hand at the day job, unfortunately). Either way, it's definitely in there.

Ok, I'll look now.

Thanks for the help

Joe

Ok, I'll look now.
Try page 7-15 of Revision 10Jun05-001 of the PMDG 747-400 AOM.

Try page 7-15 of Revision 10Jun05-001 of the PMDG 747-400 AOM.

Michael,

I don't have access to the 747 AOM, when I said about the 747 I meant the upcoming 747V3

Joe

I don't have access to the 747 AOM, when I said about the 747 I meant the upcoming 747V3
I am sorry. I thought you were talking about Version 1. I don't believe anyone knows anything about Version 2. I don't imagine it would be any different than what is on the NGX and the T7. So you would need to follow Kyle Rodgers advice in post #2 on the panel state save.

I am sorry. I thought you were talking about Version 1

Its ok, I probably didn't make myself clear. I've looked at the manual and managed to sort it.

Thanks for the help Kyle and Michael.

Joe