Sign in to follow this  
antonvs

DTG Flight School. My initial suggestions

Now that I have spent a few hours progressing through the LAPL, here is a list of features that I would like to see concidered for Flight School to make the learning experience better. I have avoided making suggestions regarding scenery as I don't see this as a core issue.

- Radio Tuning, allow fast tuning by MHz units as well as just the existing KHz units

- GPS built into VC panel in Arrow

- heading bug needs to display degrees so it can be set accurately.

- joystick button configuration in settings.

- quick guide to keyboard commands and instructions like where is the flap lever. If this school is targeted to new comers, I'm sure these are the type of things they will need to know. Or at least be able to ask the instructor. Maybe when the instructor says "flaps" and nothing happens he can point to the handle or say "or press F7"

What do I think of the Product. I'm loving it, for a first release I say well done Dovetail. Moving through the training levels and the user interface is fun. I thank you.

Mods - accidentally double posted. Please delete

• Upvote 5

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Fully agree!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

There is a joystick button configuration in the settings, I used it myself last night.

Can't remember what it's called exactly. In the controllers set up screen, there is a key configuration option, pressing on it will show a list of normal keyboard keys and their default assignments.

To the left of the key settings scroll box is a reassign button, press the reassign button then press the key on your joystick rather than the keyboard and you're done. Rinse and repeat. :smile:

• Upvote 1

If the new FSc is aimed for the new comers of flight simulations,

there should be some recommended readings for them to read about.

Just like what they have put on their facebook page - Aviation 101
They are pretty easy to understand and quite interesting to read.
Where didn't they put them onto the game?

http://holland.pk/7h5w2okq

http://holland.pk/bpdg7flu

If the new FSc is aimed for the new comers of flight simulations,
there should be some recommended readings for them to read about.

Good point. The FSX flying school has both ground school reading material as well as flying lessons. I guess newbies these days are not into reading.  :Doh:

Barry Friedman