Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

Track IR video KSFO

The TrackIR comes with a footstand and an mounting plate with adhesive tape. It is smaller than a webcam and weighs virtually nothing.

Guest wildfire563

I just taped the little mounting plate (which you don't really need) to the back of my lcd screen. It will mount without it. The support legs rotate vertically, and you just bend the two short legs over the front and leave the long middle leg over the back. The legs are spring steel, so you aren't permanently deforming it (bending them past their elastic range).

>I've got most settings maxed out and the graphics card had>full AA and AF enabled. I don't see any reason why yours>shouldn't look as good. Mines a XFX pre overclocked card but I>don't think it would make that much difference to the FPS than>a stock GTX.Yeah I have the OC'ed XFX card as well... Are you not using the transparency AA mode that puts AA on the alpha-test textures perhaps? (there's two modes for this on top of regular AA - multisample and supersample)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>Thanks for the comments, I've been a lurker here for ages and>usually post my flight sim stuff at a small private forum. I>have a high spec computer a 4200+ with a 7800gtx which allows>me to take fraps videos without things getting bogged down too>much.>>Glad you liked it - plane is the fantastic freeware Eagle and>the Airport is KSFO by Flytampa.Why don't I have a computer like that? Who did I p*** off? :)

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

>>Gents, I got this very basic question ...>>How does the sensor work to detect your head movement? Is your>monitor's screen somehow involved here?. I wonder because I>have a big Fresnel lens (mounted in a large cardboard housing)>in front of my screen so I wonder if this device would work.>>Michael J.>WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB>Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpgMichal, the device is small, it basically sits on your monitor and needs free "view" to your cap that you have to wear if you want full vectoring. On the cap, which you wear, you mount a metal clip, which has 3 points. 2 of which are in the front, and 1 higher and little further backwards. So basically, free view from the device to your forhead. Oh, and the device should be in the same height as your head is, or maybe slightly higher for optimal performance (that's how it works here). I did a little mod, I fixed the clip on the cap with the tape, rather than mounting it. Have better detection that way. And my TrackIR3Pro is about 5-10cm vertically higher than my cap (as far as I can judge!) :)Hope that helped!

Guest koorby

Thanks for the info on the vid production MJ, I apprecriate it.I was also wondering what scenery beyond the KSFO airport boundary was ... does not look like FS2004 default to me. Is it MegaScenery?

Guest USAFMedic

Darn you, sir. :)How do I explain wanting THIS to my wife?

Guest ThrottleUp

Excellent video!! Thank you for sharing!Wanna swap computers? :(

Guest Drake34

Mike that was incredible!!!! This is definatly on my want list.

Guest MJ

Yep, megascenery it is. I've since uninstalled it and gone for UT and BEV combo - not as good at 5000 feet but much better low down where I do I lot of my flying (not usually quite as low down as in the video hehe!)BTW Koorby I sent you a mail but I'm not sure you got it. Can you PM me your mail address so I can send it again thx.

Guest Disconnected

I just bought the trackir 3 pro. Only played with it for about an hour so far. I found it very difficult to turn knobs in the VC. I was always chasing the mouse pointer. It was very hard to keep my head really still enough to change a knob. Some knobs like heading must be held down for a longer period of time. The result was the mouse pointer moving off the knob. How do you deal with that?

Guest SJDickson

Either (a) change the shape of the response curve for each axis to make the curves less sensitive in the middle, or (:( toggle the TrackIR unit off when you need to do precise mouse work and back on when you want to look around.

Guest ponyboy

Well, I've waited long enough. With their version 3 out and the new vector I need to give this a go. I('m sur ethe product has matured fairly good by now. So I placed an order... dang if the vector expansion is on back order! Nuts... aw well I'll keep the order in as I'll just end up spending the money elsewhere.But it looks fun...

Guest Flaps

Wow, that is some great video!! Fantastic job.