Sign in to follow this  
LOT737

C-130

My 2 Cents:For the record: My Emptor has been Caveat'd. :-roll (obscure ref#1 to previous negative posts)"1. How does it feel flying, airfile any good?"Not having really flown a Herc in real life, I will say the fight dynamics are TIGHT, which to me is is good. It's not EASY but it is smooth.I have a P4/1.2Ghz/512MB /64MB vCard. My system is below the recommended specs. Soon to be P4/3GHZ/2B/128MBvCard)"2. How is the framerates?"For my system, framerates hover around 10-16fps with no traffic, slightly lower with. Flyable though. Switching between external and VC does take a second or two to paint the VC. My system was "dirty" (did not reboot before trying and did not use my FSAutoStart)."3. Are the vc gauges fluid?"I find the gauges fluid enough for me. This is not some beater Cessna where abrupt throttle movements are made; So no observed lag on the gauges. Did make a nice apporach into Pope AFB."4. Are the systems any good?"Still testing. Still RTFM'g. So far no issues.HTH.JimPS: I don't feel like a "sucker" for buying it (obscure ref#2 to negative posts).

Hi there,has anyone got ACE to work. Everytime I make changes i.E. no 2D views or change VC lighting and hit save (not Fly now) none of my changes take effect? I would love to make some changes permanently but haven't figured out how to do that.Thanks,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/2700DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.71.89), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest B52Drivr

Pete,I haven't had any problems with the ACE, and have used it twice. Still haven't read the manual, but have put about two hours on the aircraft . . . so far, so good. It looks like the Captain and team listened to the majority of requests from the beta testers -- I don't, at this point, feel like my time and effort was wasted.Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Its good to see a number of positive reviews from users who actually bought the plane (including real pilots). I am considering to buy it too.Do you think the Captain Sim 767 could rival the Level-D 767 ?John.

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

That's some doggone interesting news for me, Drac. After reading all the good on this thread about the C-130 last night I registered at CS. Figured I may as well jump into the fray. It's getting more and more tempting to try out this bird, believe it or not. Especially when I read posts such as yours. Your words have weight in my mind :) so I'm definately listening. I may just end up doing a 180 and buying the bird. But I'll wait a little while longer...Keep us all posted guys, I'm teetering up here on the fence after just 24 hours of posts!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...

That's "criticism" isn't it?

ngxu_banner.png

Guest jennifer

"Its good to see a number of positive reviews from users who actually bought the plane (including real pilots)."here here!

Guest B52Drivr

Jennifer,Now don't take that as a positive-positive. I was on the first beta team and when I heard no more of a second beta, (some say there was one, which is good, although I knew nothing about it--then again, that means nothing, as I am just an old pilot), I figured it would be another experience like the 707, which, I think everyone agree's it still needs some serious work to be a proper payware object.Saying that, I have to admit, now that I have spent some time with the bird, I find very little wrong with it -- although, I have yet to read the manual and do a complete flight from cold and dark using all which the sim has to offer -- that perhaps will happen this weekend.Lastly, I DID NOT buy this aircraft. I had my copy given to me for being part of the beta team. (the first beta). In truth, I did not feel the aircraft would turn out as good as I have found it to be, although by no means have I experienced all this aircaft has to offer. However, at this point, and I will continue to test this weekend and read all the other forums too, it does seem as if the Captain listened to our beta bug reports and it seems to fly very well. Am I surprised? in and word YES. And I'm happy for all the Herc fans out there who wanted this aircraft so badly. And believe me, there were a ton of very bright ex/current 130 pilots, crew and maintenance people on that team . . . and they should have rightly been listened to, as they knew what they were talking about.As always, I call em, as I see em'. So far, so good.Best, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

"Do you think the Captain Sim 767 could rival the Level-D 767 ?"Clay got it right, let's get through the C-130 first.To answer quick your question though is, 'NO' (avionics wise)... The only aspect of the CS version of the 767 that will be better than LVD is the fact that you get more versions of the bird than just the -300. Hopefully LVD expands on the 767 but I'm hopeing for the 757 first. I think more people are wanting the 757-200 more than anything at this point. After that CS's 767 should be out and then it'll be up to Level-D to get the different versions of the 767 produced (or depending on how good CS does, leave the 767 alone altogether and move on). We don't need two Hard-Core developers doing the same birds when we have airliners like the A320 that haven't been touched by any payware developer in the last 2 years (I'm talking Level-D quality here not Perfect Flight). For what it

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest zsnel

ErichI am qualified as an Air supply team leader working with C130 here in South-Africa. C130 is the one aircraft that I would want to own, but to pay $51 is a bit high for me comparing against our exchange rate with the Rand. So, I do think it is way to high price to pay. Would you pay $300 for it. Now that is what I have to pay if the exchange rate stays the same.Martinjmartinnel@lantic.net