Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Angelique van Campen

Hello,

You might be familiar with Angelique van Campen. She has been doing some of the best in-depth reviews on X-Plane addons for quite some time.

In the past she had written reviews mainly on the products of one large developer, but now she has gone independent and completely on her own writing reviews and offering them to X-Plane enthusiasts from her own new website.

She has a great reputation with the X-Plane community and will study the sim manuals and aircraft very thoroughly before giving a complete and interesting review that will cover everything the average prospective flight simmer would be curious about.

I have been reading and following Angelique's reviews for some time now, and I am so impressed with this PMDG DC-6, I would love to see Angelique do a review of it and see what she would have to say about it.

In my opinion, this DC-6 simulation has raised the bar for X-Plane addon development and with Angelique's background in reviewing X-Plane products, she would be perfect to do a great write-up on it.

I was wondering if PMDG might be interested in having Angelique write a review of their DC-6?

I asked her about it and she said that "It depends if PMDG would like me to review their DC-6".

You can see her website at http://www.x-plained.com/

Thank you,

Bob

Hello,

You might be familiar with Angelique van Campen. She has been doing some of the best in-depth reviews on X-Plane addons for quite some time.

In the past she had written reviews mainly on the products of one large developer, but now she has gone independent and completely on her own writing reviews and offering them to X-Plane enthusiasts from her own new website.

She has a great reputation with the X-Plane community and will study the sim manuals and aircraft very thoroughly before giving a complete and interesting review that will cover everything the average prospective flight simmer would be curious about.

I have been reading and following Angelique's reviews for some time now, and I am so impressed with this PMDG DC-6, I would love to see Angelique do a review of it and see what she would have to say about it.

In my opinion, this DC-6 simulation has raised the bar for X-Plane addon development and with Angelique's background in reviewing X-Plane products, she would be perfect to do a great write-up on it.

I was wondering if PMDG might be interested in having Angelique write a review of their DC-6?

I asked her about it and she said that "It depends if PMDG would like me to review their DC-6".

You can see her website at http://www.x-plained.com/

Thank you,

Bob

It would be interesting. Some have already been quite critical of the sounds, textures and start procedure among other things. I would like to see a comprehensive review, not that it would change much as I already have the DC-6 and love it.

Angelique is a highly respected reviewer in the Flight Sim world, I thoroughly enjoy reading her reviews and hope the community supports her work.

Angelique is a highly respected reviewer in the Flight Sim world, I thoroughly enjoy reading her reviews and hope the community supports her work.

I hope that everyone in the X-Plane community will go to her website and register to get updates on her addon reviews. She has a lot of great reviews posted there now so there is some really good reading, and it would be a good support and motivation for Angelique and X-Plane.

Dear all,

Sorry for my late reply, but I've been busy and I'm stil are, with X-Plained.com as well as my newly introduced X-Plained Facebook page. Anyway, that's not the reason for this reply. But before I forget it .... thanks for the kind words in respect to my X-Plane reviews!

God, to the point .... Robert Randazzo has approached me for a review of the DC-6 which I appreciate very much. But guys and perhaps ladies, you need to wait a couple of weeks before I can start with the review since right now, while typing this message, I'm on vacation. That doesn't mean I won't do anything. Searching for DC-6 information and even monitoring this DC-6 forum are also a part of the upcoming review. Although I've been working in the real maintenance aviation, I've never worked on a DC-6, but learned a lot on school of these older type of aircraft.

So, do I look forward reviewing the PMDG DC-6 ... yes, yes and yes. Do I see it as a challenge and not knowing what to expect? I know, i's from PMDG and that says enough, so with that in my mind, I'm really looking forward to moment I've downloaded the DC-6 from PMDG.

Whenever possible, I'll keep you in the loop.

Kind regards,

Angelique van Campen

• Upvote 4

Dear all,

Sorry for my late reply, but I've been busy and I'm stil are, with X-Plained.com as well as my newly introduced X-Plained Facebook page. Anyway, that's not the reason for this reply. But before I forget it .... thanks for the kind words in respect to my X-Plane reviews!

Good, to the point ....

I know Robert Randazzo and thus PMDG for a while and although "FSXtreme" started this post in consult with me, I decided to contact Robert too and asked him if he likes the idea that I do a review of the DC-6. Answer is OK so a Cloudmaster review will follow soon, but guys and perhaps ladies too, you need to wait a couple of weeks before I can start with the review since right now, while typing this message, I'm on vacation.

That doesn't mean I won't do anything. Searching for DC-6 information and even monitoring this DC-6 forum are also a part of the upcoming review. Although I've been working in the real maintenance aviation, I've never worked on a DC-6, but learned a lot on school of these older type of aircraft.

So, do I look forward reviewing the PMDG DC-6 ... yes, yes and yes. Do I see it as a challenge and not knowing what to expect? I know, i's from PMDG and that says enough, so with that in my mind, I'm really looking forward to moment I've downloaded the DC-6 from PMDG.

Whenever possible, I'll keep you in the loop.

Kind regards,

Angelique van Campen