Sign in to follow this  
Kensta1092

Hi! Hello!

Hi guys,

I'm Kensta, a university student that's a real flight simulator enthusiast. I'm kinda young, sitting at the age of 16, and you're probably wondering where did I get my enthusiasm for flying from.

Wonder no more, because my father used to be a private pilot when we lived in the U.S.A. He flew first-model Cessna 172s, Cessna 182s, a Mooney M20, and - what he loved the most - Beechcraft V35 Bonanza. Unfortunately he had to sell his beloved Bonanza to make way for me. Back in the day, he used to play Flight Simulator 2000 (still have the Professional pack laying around here somewhere). Anyways, enough of my personal intro and background.

I currently live in the Philippines, and have long been a stalker of this forums to see what decent add-ons I can look up on for my flight sims. I mainly use Prepar3D v3 now, but I used to use FSX, X-Plane 9 and X-Plane 10 before finding Prepar3D. At the moment, I fly with a low-end 2014 HP laptop and a CH Products Yoke. I mainly fly the A2A Cessna 172, but I'm beginning to incline to the A2A Cessna 182 since I am mysteriously getting bored of the 172 for some reason. I am more of a general aviation kind of guy, since I find flying airliners too complex and have a steep learning curve. I also use FSUIPC for control inputs and OpusFSI for weather engine (can't invest into ASN). Guess it's time to put up the perpetual shame of system specs that laptops pack:

Windows 10 x64

4 GB DDR3 RAM single-channel

Intel Core i5-4210U @ 1.7 GHz up to 2.4 GHz

Intel HD 4400

500 GB 7200-RPM HDD

1366x768 screen resolution

Yes, I know, it's terrible, but it's OK enough to run FTX Global and REX4 TD w/ Soft Clouds on mediocre settings (without all the HDR lighting and shadows) and 2048 texture resolution (1024 and 512 for REX) all while hitting 20-30 FPS.

Other than that, I don't really know what to put in here for an introduction that's inclined on flight simulation. This is the first flight sim dedicated forum I've registered to. Other than that, I hope to get along with you all, have a good time, and have more fun with flight simulation.

Welcome Kensta, don't worry about your rig too much. It's all about the enthusiasm of flying and from many posts here you will be able to tell that even the best system doesn't guarantee satisfaction. Have fun!

Hans

Hello Kensta,  Welcome to Avsim,  Nice Intro post