Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Can you choose a flight based on aircraft? (real life)

I'm saving up for a trip to France in the near future, and I was curious.  Is there a way to search flights for aircraft rather than price?

You could just see the equipment used on the flight selection page on the airline websites. You could also see tends in flight aware. So example I know that Air France uses an A380 and I believe a 340 or 777.

American sends the 777 or 767

Delta sends a 767-400 or 300.

So you can definitely shop by the equipment used but their also might be a small chance that it gets changed because of maintenance etc. But very small chance

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

but their also might be a small chance that it gets changed because of maintenance etc. But very small chance

The last time I was due to go to Ghana with my siblings I changed my mind and decided to stay, we were booked to fly on a 767. It was changed last minute to a Globejet L1011.

It was one of the last passenger flights of the L1011 worldwide. My decision still causes me pain to this day. :sad:

:smile: That story more usually goes:

The last time I was due to go to Ghana with my siblings , we were booked to fly on a 767. It was changed last minute to a Globejet L1011. I changed my mind and decided to stay

It was the last passenger flight of the L1011 worldwide, as they were withdrawn after the crash.

My decision saved my life!

More seriously, I tend to book long haul through a travel agent.

I specify what aircraft I will NOT fly on, and take travel insurance if maintenance or whatever replaces the aircraft with something unsatisfactory. 

• Upvote 1

The last time I was due to go to Ghana with my siblings I changed my mind and decided to stay, we were booked to fly on a 767. It was changed last minute to a Globejet L1011.

It was one of the last passenger flights of the L1011 worldwide. My decision still causes me pain to this day. :sad:

That is terrible.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

That is terrible.

Just to be clear. I do not mean the L1011 crashed.

I mean I missed the chance to fly on my favourite aircraft the L-1011.  :lol:

I also had what turned out to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity missed:

Tickets to a production of Cats in London, and tickets to the New York production the same night.

All I had to do, was fill in the missing supersonic flight.

I didn't, and the Concorde is no more, and not likely to be replaced in my lifetime. :(

I didn't, and the Concorde is no more, and not likely to be replaced in my lifetime

Ouch! :shok:  That pips mine as I have flown on the L-10 before..... i just needed some cabin window shots.  :BigGrin:

Ouch! :shok: That pips mine as I have flown on the L-10 before..... i just needed some cabin window shots. :BigGrin:

Lol, I knew you had an alterior motive.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator