Sign in to follow this  
ICSimulations

PMDG 777 Change of STAR upon controller request

Diving really deep into the PMDG 777 simulation. Flew a VATSIM flight from ORD to EGLL today and the controller as me to change the STAR. Easy enough, however is there a procedure that will assist in cleaning up the previous start and still using the same transition fix? 

Thank you. 

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

Easy enough, however is there a procedure that will assist in cleaning up the previous start and still using the same transition fix?

DEP/ARR page. Select the new STAR. Done.

Kyle Rodgers

Press the LSK corresponding to the first line of the new STAR, then press the LSK corresponding to the first line of the old STAR, that should replace everything that was there from the old one.  e.g. if the transition was DAG, I'd find the second DAG and move it up to the first one.

• Upvote 1

Old STAR stays in the FMC.

Yeah, the mind reading module is still being tested.

What Jamie said above, also same goes for a change in approaches; you will have to fix-up the LEGS pages to match what on your mind.  You don't want a selection of a procedure to over write everything, remember you are just selecting what procedure to put into the legs pages.

Dan Downs KCRP

Old STAR stays in the FMC. 

It will if you're already flying part of the STAR. As such, load the new one and line select the fix you need to proceed to up to the top.

Kyle Rodgers

I sometimes use heading select momentarily until I can see whether the new next waypoint on the Legs page is where I want to be going -- that way no surprise attempts to go backward.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I sometimes use heading select momentarily until I can see whether the new next waypoint on the Legs page is where I want to be going -- that way no surprise attempts to go backward.

Mike

Me too.

Dan Downs KCRP

Mike

I do this as well.