Sign in to follow this  
falcon7xx

Coming back after a year off

I took a year off from p3d and wanted to get back into things today. I did a clean install of windows 7 64 bit on my computer. My plan is to do the following installions:

P3D

Orbx Base

Orbx Vectors

PMDG 737

FSUIPC (Is this still needed?)

Rex Essentials plus overdrive

Active Sky Next (is this still better than Rex with weather updates?)

GSX

I heard MT6 is very good, but is that the best ai traffic software out currently? Also what is a good ATC software as the last one i had was Pro ATC/X?

Anything else that i should look at installing?

I'd say yes to all your items.

The shader mods posted in this forum (PTA & RSP threads) are excellent.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Since I'm pretty much in the same boat (last June was my last time simming), I'm making a similar list for when I'm able to build my system hopefully this weekend. Consider also the following:

Navdata (eg. Navigraph), if you'll be flying with an FMS.

Magnetic Variation update: Magdec.bgl. From http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html.

I'll be using win10 and have been looking for a setup guide. For win7, you can refer to NickN's guide but nothing similar exists for win10 (afaik).

Other add-ons are similar to yours (Orbx, ASN, Rex). I'll be using p3d for the first time, might also try XPX. If all works out then I never have to go back to FSX!

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

FSUIPC (as payware) is nearly a must, if you like to control all your controlers via that interface (P3D controlers are off then).

If you intend to use ASN (which is recommended), you may prefer REX TD with soft clouds, instead of Essentials: http://www.rexsimulations.com/texturedirectsc.html

In addition:

Multi Crew Experience for voice control of your aircraft and GSX - http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.htm

PFPX for flight planning - http://www.flightsimsoft.com/pfpx/ (or as alternative Simbrief which is free upon registration).

Best common aircrafts that I know originate from PMDG, A2A, Realair, and the Aerosoft Airbus. Carenado and Alabeo are eye-candy with less real world system imitation.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Multi Crew Experience for voice control of your aircraft and GSX - http://www.multicrew...m/Downloads.htm

Chris, how does Multi Crew Experience compare to FS2Crew, specifically the PMDG NGX Reboot version?  I know MCE works with lots of other a/c, but would it be able to provide the same level of interaction as FS2Crew?

I'll also add another add-on for consideration:  EZDOK camera system.  I haven't tried it yet but plan to try it out to see if I can do a good virtual walk-around with it.  I do always struggle with the default cameras, especially the outside views.

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

Chris, how does Multi Crew Experience compare to FS2Crew, specifically the PMDG NGX Reboot version?  I know MCE works with lots of other a/c, but would it be able to provide the same level of interaction as FS2Crew?

I'll also add another add-on for consideration:  EZDOK camera system.  I haven't tried it yet but plan to try it out to see if I can do a good virtual walk-around with it.  I do always struggle with the default cameras, especially the outside views.

At present the only aircraft I fly is the NGX, and I wouldn't be without FS 2Crew Reboot. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Also what is a good ATC software as the last one i had was Pro ATC/X?

Have a look at this http://pilot2atc.com/V2Downloads I can't recommend it as I haven't used it but I read on another thread that they are giving a free 10 day trial of v2, may be worth a try.

Ian S

38.jpg

Also what is a good ATC software as the last one i had was Pro ATC/X?

I have tried them all and Pro ATC X is the best, and when the update comes out  this year, it will be even better. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have tried them all and Pro ATC X is the best, and when the update comes out  this year, it will be even better.

Bob

I'm close to deciding on which ATC to go with after months of procrastination. Do you know if ProATC will support VFR?

Cheers,

To the OP

There has been some very recent announcements from the weather and scenery folks about soon to be released products. I'm inclined to suggest you look into these before you commit as I'm sure you would not want to buy into a soon to be superseded product.

howevr

Unfortunately, I do not have a comparison as I do not use FS2Crew. But why not just download the demo version of MCE and try?

MCE allows to control nearly 90 % (if not more) of all buttons and switches in most aircrafts (including all PMDGs) by voice commands and includes checklist reading by the FO, which then waits for your answers and checks whether your answers fit with the actual settings / configuration. You can also prepare your own checklists. Most importantly, MCE allows to create own voice-controlled commands that can be assigned to key commands or full flows of items. E.g. you can ask the FO to do preflight items, taxi items, before take-off items, after landing items etc. The flows can even contain a sound that is played upon a specific voice command. For example I can say "welcome announcement" and the purser will play the sound that I have assigned. The flexibility allows to create own, airline- or aircraft-specific flows. That said, you can adapt checklists, commands, flows and much more in line with your real world airline. That helps very much to train real world procedures.

As to EZDOK, you can easliy create one or more external cameras for the walk-around. It is nice.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR