Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Is 1100 foot gravel runway too short for AI?

I have had great success with the AI generation programme called GA Traffic. However, I am trying to populate a short gravel runway airstrip with no success so far. The AFCAD looks OK to me, it has a number of small ramp sites and there is no cost to land at this airstrip (you have to know the Traffic programme to understand this). I have Cubs and Beavers and other bush type a/c available as AI.Any thoughts please?Thanks Barry

I've never had any problem getting AI into any of the georender air fields and some of them, like 39P (Strom) are pretty short. There are taxi ways for all though. I know at SkyHarbor/Sultan (s86) thats a grass field and I did put a grass taxiway in there. All seemed to work fine. I dont think you can tie parking spots directly to the runway in AFCAD and have it work, but Im no expert.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Barry, I am not an expert with afcad by any means, but I do have a couple of thoughts. Now I have not used afcad2 much because I just got fs2004. But looking at the picture above, wouldn't you need to have some hold short points? Also I don't see any start locations, so shouldn't they be added as well? So I would think that Eric is right. You probably can't tie the parking right into a runway. Also have you run the fault finder under the tools section? Just some thoughts. Good luckGlenn

Hi there,taxiways may help but I believe the layout should work like that, at least I remember doing airfileds in this manner in FS2002. However, what seems to be missing are hold-short nodes. Try placing some of those between the runway link and the parking spots. If you don't add taxiways then place one H-S node for each parking spot.Cheers, Holger