Sign in to follow this  
OwenHewitt

Recording/Replay module: public beta released!

Hi,regarding the "dancing lights" problem, I remember, that during alpha testing one tester reported that effect. I could reproduce it on my system (had not noticed it before, as I usually fly the LevelD 767, with which the effect doesn't show up, as the lights are compiled into the model) and after some code changes the problem was gone on my system. I just tried it again, but can't reproduce the problem here. :-hmmmI will have a closer look during the weekend.Regards,Matthias

Guest jprintz

Apparently I'm a few days late on this, as I just downloaded this record module today. I've been fooling with it for a while now. All I can say is... THANK YOU MATTHIAS!!! I've been hoping someone would make something like this for quite some time. If I had my way Microsoft would incorporate your utility into their next version of the sim and pay you a million dollars for the right to do so. ;-)

Hi.I know how difficult it is to fix something that works on your own system. If you want to send me one of your recorded flights I will try to see how it behaves on my system. Make sure it

TV,I played back the recording you sent me, but, as I expected, didn't get the light problems, as this problem is caused during playback and doesn't affect the recorded files. As this problem was already reported during alpha testing, but is now fixed on my system (but obviously not on all systems), I went back to the version before the fix. Playing back your recording with that version I got both the dancing lights and the flickering VC light (seems the VC light source is jumping forward and afer like the external lights).Now some explanation about what I think is going on:For smooth playback I have to set the recorded variables once per frame. To do this I register a function in my module to one of FS2004s callback "chains". However, there is a number of different chains, which are called once per frame, some of them later than others. It seems, that the code in FS, which draws the light effects, is called later, than that, which draws the aircraft. I assume, that with the chain I used first my callback function was called just between, so that first the aircraft was drawn, then my module changed the aircraft position, then the lights were drawn (now to a different position than the aircraft). So I changed to a different chain to avoid this, which solved the problem on my system. The reason that it still occurs on other systems could be, that FS loads the DLLs in the modules folder in a different order on different systems.I will soon send you a modified version using another chain, so you can test if that fixes the problem.Regarding the turn coordinator, I can reproduce the problem, but currently have no idea, why this happens and how it can be fixed :-hmmmBest regards,Matthias

>If I had my way Microsoft would incorporate your utility>into their next version of the sim and pay you a million>dollars for the right to do so. ;-) :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol Regards,Matthias ;-)

John,please drop me a mail on the support email address, so I can send you a modified version to see, if it fixes the problem.Regards,Matthias

MatthiasGreat Module !!!I like the ability to store a flight in a KB size file.Once you have your perfect flight between A and B you can use different airplanes in a video like Movie that you can loop. Seems like Best Buy would like it for their computer display areas.Still have to start the engines and set the props and everything not covered in the file.I think you can even vary the weather settings for any saved file/flight.You can perfect a movie then Export it to another hard drive to save digitally or to an analogue VCR to re-import back in for video editing before you burn the DVD. This way you could avoid the FPS hit from video game recording software.I like being able to see the surfaces and AI in re-play.I should have turned the transition off in spot view long before. Good Work, what you have is better than the default Microsoft video and replay.

Hello Matthiasi really like your module, its great fun to relive a flight as a passenger! :-)Just one thing i found out, when recording a flight with the PMDG 747all the Flapssettings are not recorded, the rudders and gear is working, but not the flaps.I think it has to do with the special programmed 747.....Regards and many thanks for this great Module!McDaniel

Guest jgreth123

I think you're correct.The normal flaps commands do not work with the PMDG 747-400. What I mean by that is, I have a slider on my throttle that I set to my flaps... it works with EVERY plane except the PMDG 747-400, I have to use their specially programmed commands ( through their own mappings ) to F5-F8.BTW I also recently installed this module. It's quite amazing, I must admit. I do, however, have a question. If you land with no wind, and you play it back and the weather program refreshes and adds a 10kt crosswind, how will that work? Will it just force the position and ignore the wind?That question would be the same as if you landed with a heavy crosswind, came in at a 20 degree crab... would the replay with no wind make it fly WAY off course?I haven't had the time to test it yet, anyone know for sure?

>I think you're correct.>>The normal flaps commands do not work with the PMDG 747-400. >What I mean by that is, I have a slider on my throttle that I>set to my flaps... it works with EVERY plane except the PMDG>747-400, I have to use their specially programmed commands (>through their own mappings ) to F5-F8.Yes, must have to do with their special programmed flaps, I noticed the same, when I tried my module with the 747.>>BTW I also recently installed this module. It's quite>amazing, I must admit. I do, however, have a question. If>you land with no wind, and you play it back and the weather>program refreshes and adds a 10kt crosswind, how will that>work? Will it just force the position and ignore the wind?>>That question would be the same as if you landed with a heavy>crosswind, came in at a 20 degree crab... would the replay>with no wind make it fly WAY off course?>>I haven't had the time to test it yet, anyone know for sure?The wind has no effect on aircraft track or heading during playback.Regards,Matthias

Guest jgreth123

>The wind has no effect on aircraft track or heading during>playback.Great!Thanks, and superb job on the module :)I was giving it a nice test by doing replays in my helicopters as well.With the typical replays ( FS9 version ) the movements are very sharp and non-realistic. With your module I can actually fly the way I want, then replay and it plays like I was flying it - smooth movements. Go to http://chicago054.server4free.de/jeff/mf_movies.htmCheck #7, a helicopter movie I made... you'll see quite a few movements in the movie where you can tell when it's in replay mode... some things are just impossible to do in tower view with a helicopter :)

Matthias,, Thats a really fun App and I,m having a ball with it. Only thing is I'm missing some setting somewhere because I still have severe stutter while replaying the recorded stuff. I can replay the same thing on MSFS Instant Replay and ir's butter smooth. I have it set for record and playback at 1/4 secondIntel D875PBZ, Intel P4 3.06, 1024mb DDR400, ATI 9800 Pro 128 Meg,I read in one of the replies in this thread about gradual transitions and that it needs to be turned off. Well I guess I.m getting too old for this stuff but I couldn't find that setting. Thanks again for a very nice toy, thats really nice of you to do that for us..JohnPS: If the VA's start asking for you to send them recordings of their certification flights!!!!! WHOA LOL

Hi.Matthias is normally busy during the weekdays, I am sure he will get back with you. He is helping me with some light flicker, that he already found a fix for.Until then I may me able to help with:> gradual transitions and that it needs to be turned off. Well I guess I.m getting too old for this stuff but I couldn't find that setting.View options look for Gradual transition check button.About the stutters, you Must have make sure that your system is able to have a fairly smooth operation to begin with, the

Guest Edam

>Under Views>View options look for Gradual transition check>button.I don't see that option either.