Sign in to follow this  
OwenHewitt

Recording/Replay module: public beta released!

That option will only appear if you select Spot view or currently have it selected.-John

Great piece of software, works a treat here, the only problem is I cannot use the DF727 with the DLL installed, FS crashes after a few mins, it gives the fault as SIM1.dll, this only seems to happen with the DF727, but I have not tested every A/C in my FS installation.Bill

Bill

Guest bloggo

Hello Matthias,I also join the queue with praise for your recorder. I have noticed a couple of small problems that you may know of, but I will inform you anyway.1) - In recorder mode when spot plane is selected, the whole picture shudders and stutters for the duration of the flight, but if open cockpit view is selected it is fine and panning around causes no problems.2) - Whilst landing in the normal flight, AI traffic was waiting in the hold position, yet when in recorder mode the AI trafic had entered the runway and the flight skimmed the top during landing.I hope this is of benefit to you.Many thanksBill.

Hi Bill,>Hello Matthias,>>I also join the queue with praise for your recorder. I have>noticed a couple of small problems that you may know of, but I>will inform you anyway.>>1) - In recorder mode when spot plane is selected, the whole>picture shudders and stutters for the duration of the flight,>but if open cockpit view is selected it is fine and panning>around causes no problems.Read the manual, or look five posts above, and you will find the solution ;-) >>2) - Whilst landing in the normal flight, AI traffic was>waiting in the hold position, yet when in recorder mode the AI>trafic had entered the runway and the flight skimmed the top>during landing.Yes, AI traffic is not recorded, but also not turned off during playback. Maybe I can offer an option to automatically turn off AI traffic during playback in a future version.Best regards,Matthias

Guest MikEA9557

Hey there! Great work, and thanks!Please forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered, but would it be possible for you to also program "time of day" into the module?Mike Tucson, AZ"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest Alex Ford

Hi Matthais,Thanks for this module - it adds a utility to FS that has previously been missing - I know that you can record in FS but that is so "clunky" so the ability to record "on the fly" (a joke!) is fantastic - I did notice one thing. When the recorder loaded my aircraft (from a saved recording) the engine stopped (nothing to do with the recorder - it is a problem with the aircraft) but of course the flight/recording then proceeded but the engine was not running - I guess this is a function of the way the recorder operates.I have made many 'demonstration flight' as various FS shows and have longed for the ability to save these. - now I can - so thanks for that.BestAlex Ford

Alex,Just start the engine "Ctrl E" ,there are things that have to do with the aircraft ie setting props, that you have to do during playback.

Hi Mike,>Please forgive me if this question has already been asked and>answered, but would it be possible for you to also program>"time of day" into the module?I will try ;-)Regards,Matthias

Guest Alex Ford

>Hi Alex,>hmm, which aircraft did you use?>>Regards,>MatthiasHi Matthias,It is the C152 from the Just Flight Flying Club. When you load it you initially have to set RPM at 1,000 to ensure that the engine continues to run - it is to do with the way FS takes the engine idle values from the previously loaded aircraft. As I say it is not a Recorder issue. Thanks for your reply. Good luck with any future mods/improvements for your module.BestAlex Ford

Guest jprintz

Matthias:Thank you again! Your little utility has provided me with lots of enjoyment this past week. I'm so thankful there are such wonderful freeware developers out there willing to donate their time and efforts for the benefit of all of us.It looks like, beyond bug reports, you're also taking suggestions and wishes, so I will just unselfishly add 1 or 2 small things. ;-) Though I do realize you're trying to keep the replay file size as small as possible and are therefore not picking up tons of events and settings, would it be possible to...1) transfer the radio settings to the replay, so that ILS approaches, etc., could be reviewed without having to refigure frequencies and retune the radios?2) transfer tower view coordinates with the replay?Just 1 or 2 (more!) things to consider....Also, I think it's the FlyBy module's problem, and not your module's, but there appears to be a conflict between your replay utility and it, at least for me. I'll try installing an older version of that, if possible, and see what happens.Once again... THANK YOU. That is a truly excellent module!

Matthias,I've used this great utility several times now and have come across a problem which I hope you will help me with.It's probably down to my age but I often forget to stop the recording after I have landed, parked and exited FS. Running Radar Contact keeps me busy! ;-)Would it be possible to include a parameter in the INI that automatically stops and saves the recording x seconds after landing? As for a filename I'll leave that up to you if you feel it's worth doing.Thanks,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather