Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

XP10.50b1 crashes on scenic load in...

50b1 has crashed my installation.  I get into 30 seconds of loading...and a fatal crash.

Anybody else?

Never mind, I should have read more, before downloading.   Lots of folks are having crashes in an early load in of plug-ins...etc.

Will wait for B2.

:(

Well it's not so much about bugs as it is incompatible add-ons. Addon-modules are typically written to interface with X-Plane in a very specific way, so when the program changes, they can break.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Well, I went back to XPX.45...but I kept all the great new x50b1 planes....

If you want to do this....you need to first run the .50b1 installer, even though it has the mentioned bugs. Then...turn off the BETA check, and update again. When you are asked to overwrite all the planes that come up...click on KEEP EVERYTHING IN THIS DIRECTORY

Slowly keep clicking, until you see your first file choice that is NOT a plane...from there on in...you OVERWRITE EVERY FILE IN THIS DIRECTORY, and keep clicking until you are ready to update. 

Now, you will soon have XPX.45 back...and fully running with all your add-ons...plug-ins...etc...BUT...you will now have the new default XPX.50b1 aircraft.

So...as Scarface from Miami says;  "...say hello, to my little friend...."   The updated King Air B90:

King_Air_C90_B_3.pngimage hostingKing_Air_C90_B_2.pngcapture screen

King_Air_C90_B_1.png

King_Air_C90_B_4.png
King_Air_C90_B_5.png

King_Air_C90_B_6.pngupload gif from url

Well, I went back to XPX.45...but I kept all the great new x50b1 planes....

If you want to do this....you need to first run the .50b1 installer, even though it has the mentioned bugs. Then...turn off the BETA check, and update again. When you are asked to overwrite all the planes that come up...click on KEEP EVERYTHING IN THIS DIRECTORY

Slowly keep clicking, until you see your first file choice that is NOT a plane...from there on in...you OVERWRITE EVERY FILE IN THIS DIRECTORY, and keep clicking until you are ready to update. 

Now, you will soon have XPX.45 back...and fully running with all your add-ons...plug-ins...etc...BUT...you will now have the new default XPX.50b1 aircraft.

So...as Scarface from Miami says;  "...say hello, to my little friend...."   The updated King Air B90:

Even thought that will work... you will find that many of the manipulators in the Baron and King Air will not work as they are only available in 10.5.

Even thought that will work... you will find that many of the manipulators in the Baron and King Air will not work as they are only available in 10.5.

Oh, I see...but the graphics are nice to have around, until I can get my hands on, B2...:)

Cheers,