i think i keep my gtx 980 TI

IF I had a 980ti and would be only playing in 1080p and most of the time P3D, then I would keep the 980ti too.

If I'd play other games and in 4K -> 1080 or Titan (but only if the price wouldn't hurt me) :-)

Just gone from a 970 to a 1070, 970 was occasionally maxing out at 100%, the 1070 hasnt gone above 60% so far with originally same settings and now more aggressive in terms of AA and amount of cloud layers AS2016/P3d3.3

Running 3 screens, AA4x MFAA

FPS= no real gain in the heavy scenarios like London/NYC area but not seeing as many spikes like before. I lock my FPS using the Nvidia frame lock, minimum fibre time set at .20 and frames unlimited in P3d

heavy cloud rendering is much smoother, can run 5 layers no problem

I dont use any of the heavy PMDG addons as I own a jetmax rig

Do I think it was worth the money? not really as I only use P3d but I do like the heavier weather settings. I am sure the card would perform better in the platform games etc

I had reason recently to replace my 770 4gb GPU with a ASUS 980ti strix and found only a minor improvement.  Both cards run 4K with no problems whatsoever even at heavy scenery and aircraft settings.  Only did this because I needed the 770 gpu for another system and I got a good deal on the 980ti but otherwise as an upgrade simply not worth the money.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Just gone from a 970 to a 1070, 970 was occasionally maxing out at 100%, the 1070 hasnt gone above 60% so far with originally same settings and now more aggressive in terms of AA and amount of cloud layers AS2016/P3d3.3

Running 3 screens, AA4x MFAA

FPS= no real gain in the heavy scenarios like London/NYC area but not seeing as many spikes like before. I lock my FPS using the Nvidia frame lock, minimum fibre time set at .20 and frames unlimited in P3d

heavy cloud rendering is much smoother, can run 5 layers no problem

I dont use any of the heavy PMDG addons as I own a jetmax rig

Do I think it was worth the money? not really as I only use P3d but I do like the heavier weather settings. I am sure the card would perform better in the platform games etc

Same here. Had my 1070 a few days. No real difference in FPS performance, but I went from the GPU running at 100% power for most of the time, to about 50-60% with the fan not running as much. With the 970 it started to sound a little like an engine spooling up in the room, so I had to increase the sim volume to drown it out.