Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Anyone else see the new lighting engine coming to XP?

I think it will also certainly need more powerful hardware.

It will. At least people who are still using hardware once bought for X-Plane 9 will need to upgrade. A few months ago, at the European FlightSim Conference, I talked with Laminar's Philipp Münzel and from what I've learnt, I have to face the sad fact that my old PC won't be able to even start X-Plane 11, because my (non-changeable) graphics adapter is not able to handle some of the new effects.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

It will. At least people who are still using hardware once bought for X-Plane 9 will need to upgrade. A few months ago, at the European FlightSim Conference, I talked with Laminar's Philipp Münzel and from what I've learnt, I have to face the sad fact that my old PC won't be able to even start X-Plane 11, because my (non-changeable) graphics adapter is not able to handle some of the new effects.

Do you not have a PCI port?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Do you not have a PCI port?

I do, but this computer was never meant to be used for gaming or simming. So the case is so small that, although I could remove my GT530, a new one would not even fit ;)

But it will get better soon.

I do, but this computer was never meant to be used for gaming or simming. So the case is so small that, although I could remove my GT530, a new one would not even fit ;)

If you leave the side off it may fit (I leave mine off for better cooling) even a GTX 750 would help and it's a small card. Also you can keep your PC i internals and just get a new case they are like $40 for a decent one and switching the parts over can be done in about 30 min.

This might fit

http://www.google.com/shopping/product/5359316001162931888?lsf=seller:8438988,rt:2&prds=oid:345936769032331150&q=gtx+950&hl=en&ei=a25xV_fLDsTXmAHB4JuIAg&lsft=gclid:Cj0KEQjwncO7BRC06snzrdSJyKEBEiQAsUaRjL80IS8N0hDnphaAYQ-yuFGSKFEkSmNJoa9F95s54MEaAjvU8P8HAQ

• Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Austin probably can't afford to,thanks to patient trolls, think how far XP could have come if those resources had been devoted to development vs legal fees.

Austin is far from broke, ever seen what he flies? He has also given a lot away in charity to dogs ( good man for that!)

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Even with a large case, I had to severely cut out sections of metal framework to get my Gigabyte GTX 770 GDDR5-4GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP OC WINDFORCE 3X Graphics Card installed.  The monster is about 11.5 inches long.  I'm still using it and it appears to be getting about the same framerates as some of the guys are reporting with the newer - more expensive cards.  Don't know about the future, but it's doing great now.

John

John Wingold

Some newer GPUs can handle X-Plane very well, and are fairly small, as well as very affordable. Case in point: GTX 960 and AMD RX 480.

This might fit

Thanks for your ideas, much appreciated! :)

Even with a large case, I had to severely cut out sections of metal framework to get my Gigabyte GTX 770 GDDR5-4GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP OC WINDFORCE 3X Graphics Card installed.  The monster is about 11.5 inches long.  I'm still using it and it appears to be getting about the same framerates as some of the guys are reporting with the newer - more expensive cards.  Don't know about the future, but it's doing great now.

John

Have any benchmarks been released with the 480 and XP?

Have any benchmarks been released with the 480 and XP?

I'm sure there were, some time ago, but I haven't seen anything lately under the 900 series. Remember that even with the latest and greatest, results vary because there are so many configurations out there. X-plane rarely remains default very long.

John

John Wingold