Sign in to follow this  
philipp00sk8

Past FSX/P3D need your though about IXEG 737

Hi 

Right now i fly with P3D. In my opinion it's a lot better than FSX. I see i lot of Video in youtube about the IXEG 737 and it's look very impressive. I fly plane like PMDG 737/777, aerosoft A320, Majestic Q400. I would like to know the performance(FPS)  of the IXEG 737 vs the PMDG 737 in P3D. I know it's not the same simulator but just to compare FPS. And for the Ex P3D/FSX do you regret to switch?...

Thanks guy

Sorry for my english I'm french canadian

Phil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have both and I get slightly better performance with X-Plane with Orthos, W2XP and IXEG compared to ORBX and PMDG, but this is very questionable since it really depends on where you fly and FSX scenery tends to be more detailed (and laggy). I love both simulations, but the PMDG 737 is looking more dated in comparison (and that's because it is).

They are of course different simulations. The IXEG of course is the classic model without all the bells and whistles and the HUD. One thing FSX still does better is the exterior view, which looks much better. However, I still really love the Majestic and go back to P3D to use this.

But why switch?? Just use both like I and many others do. Both are good at different things, and at the end of the day, they are both flight simulators ;-)

you should post specs first of your system. its impossible for us to tell you how much you would get if we dont know about specs of your system.

second FPS in xplane is not comparable to FSX/p3d so that question is kind of irrelevant. 

Thanks for the Answer booth of you...i have a i7 980x at 4.2 Ghz with 780gtx and 8 g 1600mhz of ram...(my system need to be update soon) with the PMDG at Fly Tampa a have like 18 fps in final...i would like to use the ixeg 737 to do north operation in the northern canada like Canadian North...and the 737 classic is my favorite aircraft too...i know quality wings will make one but no news for a wild. they are to busy with the 787...

thanks

Phil

with the PMDG at Fly Tampa a have like 18 fps in final.

That does seem quite low, and I'm actually surprised since you have a very nice system. This was about the average I would get in FSX with ORBX scenery and PMDG, so I'm amazed you're not seeing higher. I think you will see a big gain using X-Plane (Maybe 30-40fps) based on my own experience, and I'm very happy with the IXEG 737. In fact, it performs much better than some of my Carenado HD Planes, if that helps.

As an example, http://www.avsim.com/topic/487563-ixeg-737-to-norway  In these shots, I was getting between 20-30 on a laptop, so I would imagine on your system you would be hitting the 40-50 mark. 

If you do go ahead and try X-Plane, I'd be interested in your results, but remember that out-of-the-box, X-Plane requires some addons and tweaking before it will give you nice results (90% of which are free)

Hi 

Right now i fly with P3D. In my opinion it's a lot better than FSX. I see i lot of Video in youtube about the IXEG 737 and it's look very impressive. I fly plane like PMDG 737/777, aerosoft A320, Majestic Q400. I would like to know the performance(FPS)  of the IXEG 737 vs the PMDG 737 in P3D. I know it's not the same simulator but just to compare FPS. And for the Ex P3D/FSX do you regret to switch?...

Thanks guy

Sorry for my english I'm french canadian

Phil

Well.. I am sitting with a 6700K @ 4.7 ghz, 32 gb RAM and a GTX 980TI 6gb. It's really hard to compare the two aircraft in terms of FPS-performance. Generally I would say that X-plane is slightly more fluid. But not at all by much. P3D is really smooth for me. IXEG and PMDG perform about the same on my computer. 

There is no reason to switch. I would never dream of doing that. They both compliment each other. X-plane can look bloody brilliant (at night, during mountain flying in dusk and at dawn for example). There are lots of good aircraft in the X-plane world (PMDG DC-6, FlyJsim 727v2 is freaking awesome and has no counterpart in the FSX/P3D world imho et cetera).

But there is nothing even remotely comparable to the Majestic Q400 in X-plane. I would also say that even though the IXEG is good, it isn't as good as the PMDG (but will probably get there as updates arrive). PMDG 777 is brilliant and VASTLY superior to the one you find for X-plane. 

Use them both. Definitely worth it. 

thanks for your answer

i understand what you mean. The problem is to buy x-plane + the ixeg 737 it's like 150$ for both. Anyway this morning i buy as2016+ asca so i will try to wait for the qualitywings 737

thanks phil

thanks for your answer

i understand what you mean. The problem is to buy x-plane + the ixeg 737 it's like 150$ for both. Anyway this morning i buy as2016+ asca so i will try to wait for the qualitywings 737

thanks phil

Oh, didn't even know about that QW737.. Might have to keep my eyes open on that one.. =)

Why don't wait for a Steam-sale and then buy X-plane?