Sign in to follow this  
outlaw2001it

SAMM - Aircraft

Hello,

I know somebody made static aircraft using SAMM a while back, and uploaded to different websites (including here). I have made 512 static aircraft/airlines from different sources...I just need to know if I need permission from the original authors of the material to share/upload??? If, and when I can I will break the files down alphabetically for easier download, and this way nobody is downloading the whole package just to get to a few files. The files will work in FS9/EZ-Scenery...not sure about Runway 12, or FSX...sorry. 

If anybody can give me some insight on this I would appreciate it. I spent a few days converting traffic, and I would like to share what I've made with the Flight Simulator community.

V/R

J.R. Duda

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just need to know if I need permission from the original authors of the material to share/upload???

Yes, I think it also mentioned in the SAMM documentation.   The reason being that the conversion to static model likely fails what the Wikipedia article "Derivative work", terms as the originality requirement.

Ernie

Thank you Ernie for the reply. That's what I figured...I just wanted a second opinion. 

J.R.