Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Flight School fixed? (A Bit?)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have to set aside some time to start up Flight School again. I haven't loaded it since about a week after it was first released... :dance:

I have to set aside some time to start up Flight School again. I haven't loaded it since about a week after it was first released... :dance:

Understandable.

Just had some time to try the update:

The controller UI has been redone and is greatly improved

Tree textures look better

With the DA-42 I'm consistently getting over 40FPS on my laptop. More importantly, I don't see any stuttering when panning around, so I think both smoothness and FPS are improved.

I'm still using settings that I tuned based on the initial release. I might turn up some settings based on these performance improvements.

The glideslope indicator on the G1000 is fixed (that's a bug I reported a couple weeks ago)

Negatives:

Sadly the horrible washed out haze effect remains.

The display settings remain lobotomized, requiring FSc.cfg tweaks to get properly balanced settings.

Cockpit shadows are still ugly. I turn them off. Consider how great DX10 fixer does this by comparison. DTG you already have a good example to look at!

An easy fix that would make this sim look sooo much better would simply be to color-match airport background textures with the Orbx ground textures

Overall a good and welcome update. Keep them coming DTG!

• Upvote 1