Sign in to follow this  
Nico1854

Flight Planning

Hello,

I would like to know how the flight plans should be set in FMC.

Rte 1 = Flight plan from departure to arrival (example LSGG23 to EGLL 27R)

Rte 2 = First, Flight Plan from departure, back to departure or alternate departure in case of EO (example LSGG23 to LSGG23) ?

Enroute, Rte 2 = Alternative arrival possibility (LSGG23 to EGLL27L) in case of ATC assigning 27L instead of 27R ?

Where do you preset the arrival Alternate route (example EGLL to EGKK) ?

Do you update and enter Alternates Enroute plans and how/where ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Nicholas Brigden

I would like to know how the flight plans should be set in FMC.
If you haven't, you need to fly Tutorial 1. Read the Introduction Manual and become familiar with the aircraft. Your are asking for a lot of things that can't be done. Example "alternate departure in case of EO (example LSGG23 to LSGG23) ?" I have never heard of an alternate departure. If you have an engine out, the only place you are going is to maintenance.

I think that I'm missunderstood.

When you have bad weather at departure airport, you plan an alternate one in case of Engine Failure after V1. If the weather conditions are ok, in case of engine failure after V1, you take off, but instead of following your initial Flight Plan, you return to your departure airport.

So, in these 2 cases, you should prepare you alternative flight plan in case of Engine failure after V1. In my previous post, that was the LSGG23, back to LSGG23 plan. And my question is, where do you enter that alternative flight plan ? In Rte 2 or is there another way of doing it ? (In Airbus A320, you do this in the SEC FPL normally if I'm right).

Secand case was the fact of having the possibility to land on 27R or 27L and to enter that so you can quickly switch from the initial one you planed (27R) to the assigned one if different (27L) ? (In Airbus A320, you do this in the SEC FPL normally if I'm right).

Finally case was the arrival alternate flight plan (that one should be EGLL to EGKK for example) ? where to enter it ? In Rte 2 or somewhere else ? (In Airbus A320, you can do this at the bottom of the flight plan).

Welcome to the PMDG forum, please note the pinned forum rules that include a full name on all posts.

IFR departures do not require an alternate for the engine out case, in fact that is the reason that there are weather minimums for departures. Basically, if its too bad to land you can't take off.

Alternate flight plans can use RTE2 if you wish, although realistically the planned route to the alternate is rarely put into the FMS. The B737 only recently gained the RTE2 capability.

Switching from one approach to the other is easily done in the FMS and there is no need to create a separate programmed flight plan for this purpose.

Dan Downs KCRP