Sign in to follow this  
conura

Simheaven w2xp sceneries + the new autogen

What are your settings? Your hardware is faster than mine, yet I just tried flying low (3000ft) right over Manhattan in the Rotate MD-80 (a seriously performance hungry aircraft), using HD Mesh V3, W2XP, all the Drzewiecki NY airports as well as some other airport addon scenery. With all this I get a solid 17+ fps, rather low but very much flyable and without noticeable stutters. And as soon as I turn away from Manhattan it jumps to 25+ fps.

As for being ugly, well I have to agree there. :wink: However, to me the benefit of having accurately sized buildings in the right places is, especially for VFR flying (which is what I do most of the time) a huge advantage.

You see that's my problem. For me 30- fps is un playable. Even the manual states that if your fps drops bellow 19 fps the flight dynamics stop working properly. Anyway bellow are my settings for 30 fps using only HD Mesh v3 for scenery.

bNky4vv.jpg

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

I've produced an experimental lighter-weight scenery for Germany which you can grab here http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/33862-germany-sd-vfr-scenery/

This one should address many of the problems reported above and I'd be very interested in any feedback good or bad. Please read the instructions carefully to understand what this scenery is and isn't. Generally, if you are happy with Simheaven's Europe scenery and performance, then this scenery might be unnecessary for you (It's also a big download ;-))

• Upvote 2

I have to admit that the changes were not significant, neither in the look, nor in the framerate.

I have to admit that the changes were not significant, neither in the look, nor in the framerate.

That is not my experience. For me it does look much better. I think this is because of the reduced number of models. And also performance wise I feel (no scientific tests yet) an improvement.

You are on the right track, Toni. Especially together with photoscenery it looks great.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Thanks for the feedback. It doesn't use any of the building themes from Simheaven and instead uses a few German style buildings and X-Plane's default artwork. If you think it looks the same then I'm at a loss there, as in my eyes the difference is as clear as night and day (Again though, not everyone likes the look). I'm not actually sure how I could have made it anymore different if I tried ;-). If you are referring to layout and how buildings are placed, then of course it will mostly look the same because the data is the same and if you don't like the layout then you'd be best just sticking with XP default (especially if you don't use photoscenery)

Regarding performance, most people who have tested this have reported improvements (This could of course just be a placebo, like every XP beta upgrade). It makes sense that there is an improvement because so much of the stuff in the Simheaven scenery is gone. If anyone could do a proper scientific test I'd really appreciate this. I see around a 5fps improvement in cities, about 10fps in towns, but I see a big improvement in loading times. Some things to be aware of though:

- If you jump into the center of Berlin on maximum settings in both versions, you are going to have problems either way. The center of Berlin is jam packed full of buildings, and whilst I still see an improvement, if you have a weak machine then you will need to turn down your settings.

- You have to disable the Simheaven scenery. Don't run both of these together, it will not work and likely crash your computer or cause it to throw an OOM.

You are on the right track, Toni. Especially together with photoscenery it looks great.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not actually planning on doing anymore OSM sceneries. Rather, I tried this an experiment for Simheaven to see if they want to use my cut down version for their own sceneries in the future. The validation I put in for roads was too aggressive and removed some roads that worked in the older version, but also the lack of tall landmark buildings I think is a no for them. Some people want 100% accuracy with good performance which is not possible, so at this point I walk away ;-)

Hi - Does W2XP work in XP11 Beta? Noob here and i installed w2xp_world-models and w2xp_America on top of HD Mesh V3 and some UHD Mesh V3 (as per the instructions, I thought..) but I do not see any difference in the New York area and the Toronto, Canada area.

Cheers!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)