Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Flight Simulator and Real World Logo's

Hello,Should the airlines protect their logo's by prohibiting companies like PSS from selling repaints?. It's bad enough this company wants to charge for their repaints, but to refuse to allow others to repaint the same ones they created and are offering for sale leaves a empty feeling in my stomach, and my wallet.Maybe American Airlines has the right idea, AA logo/repaints for free only. I think maybe its time to start a letter writing campaign to these airlines and get companies that charge for copyrighted logo/repaints to stop charging or at least allow the flight Sim community to repaint them as well (FOR FREE).When will the GREED end?

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest SaVas

My thoughts are this.If you start getting such companies involved with other companies charging for things like repaints, everyone might suffer, including those that do free repaints. Want a free repaint of an aircraft? I recommend you download a freeware aircraft and repaint it. If PSS wants to charge for repaints of their payware aircraft, then you have the option of NOT buying their aircraft in the first place so you DONT have to pay for repaints. When you start involving the actual carriers, AA, Delta, etc, and causing some kind of stink about it, then they might just say, to he.ll with freeware AND payware repaints and make it more a legal headache, then we would all suffer.

Hi,I'm not looking for a freeware aircraft that is not systems capable like the one being developed by PSS. I want the PSS aircraft, I already pre-purchased the package. I must admit, at the time of purchase I had "NO IDEA" I would have to "BUY" their repaints as well or else I cannot fly the carriers I want to fly for (Ex. Delta, United, and so on).They want to charge for their repaints, FINE. but don't block the Flight Sim community from repainting them as well. Its a twist on what Papa Tango tried to do some time ago.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I agree!I've been involved in usage of some large international companie's logos on web-sites. They have manuals like books about how to use them, when, and not least: when not! And the copyright issue is a monster you'll never understand fully.So, shhhhh

Hi,The way PSS has the buy our repaints or you will not be able to fly that carrier has already removed my ability to fly my favorite carrier, unless I spend more MONEY.

>>They want to charge for their repaints, FINE. but don't block>the Flight Sim community from repainting them as well. Its a>twist on what Papa Tango tried to do some time ago.>>Take a look at PSS site. They have a Paint Kit ready for the 777 today.Eagle

Hi Eagle,Did you read the fine print that states, you cannot repaint any paint offered by PSS?.

Guest SaVas

>Hi,>>I'm not looking for a freeware aircraft that is not systems>capable like the one being developed by PSS. I want the PSS>aircraft, I already pre-purchased the package. I must admit,>at the time of purchase I had "NO IDEA" I would have to "BUY">their repaints as well or else I cannot fly the carriers I>want to fly for (Ex. Delta, United, and so on).>>They want to charge for their repaints, FINE. but don't block>the Flight Sim community from repainting them as well. Its a>twist on what Papa Tango tried to do some time ago.>>Mike,I can understand the frustration, but I dont think PSS is doing what the Ariane fella tried to do. He tried to CORNER the "market" for certain repaints so even freeware devs couldnt make them for freeware or other payware aircraft. PSS is doing something different that has to do ONLY with their aircraft. If you buy their aircraft, then you will have to buy repaints for it, such as having to buy a package with a Delta repaint, however if you buy the PMDG 737, you can download for free a delta repaint for their aircraft. Papa Tango was trying to make it so you wouldnt even be able to do that.It boils down to choice. If you choose to buy the PSS aircraft, then you in essence have to choose to purchase repaints for it.

Hello,As of right now, keep in mind the product hasen't even been released yet. The following are now off limits to everyone in the flight sim community.777-200LRAeroflot - Air Canada - Air India - Air NZ - Alitalia - British Airways - Continental - Delta Airlines - El Al - Emirates - EVA Airways - Jet Airways - Kenya Airways - KLM - MAS - Korean Air - PIA - QANTAS - Qatar Airways - Thai - United Airlines - Varig777-200LRFAir France - Air Atlanta - Air Canada Cargo - DHL - Emirates - EVA Cargo - FedEx - Lufthansa - Qatar Airways - UPS777-300ERAir France - Air India - Air Canada - All Nippon - Air NZ - Boeing 2003 - British Airways - Cathay Pacific - Emirates - EVA Airways - EtihadJAL - Jet Airways - Lufthansa - PIA - QANTAS - Qatar - Singapore ALAlso keep in mind, that PSS dosen't even own the copyrights to these carriers.

>Hi Eagle,>>Did you read the fine print that states, you cannot repaint>any paint offered by PSS?.>>Not really, but how is this working? Does it mean that you can't alter their paintings, and have to use an "a-train"? In that case I understand, I don't want other people to mess with my artwork either.Or does it mean that you can't make a brand new ie. British Airways if PSS already have made one? In that case I think they should loosen up.Anyway, in most cases I only use a couple of paintings for my aircrafts, so the PSS way is fine with me. Pay for what you use

Hi,It means that the following aircraft paints are off limits to repainters.777-200LRAeroflot - Air Canada - Air India - Air NZ - Alitalia - British Airways - Continental - Delta Airlines - El Al - Emirates - EVA Airways - Jet Airways - Kenya Airways - KLM - MAS - Korean Air - PIA - QANTAS - Qatar Airways - Thai - United Airlines - Varig777-200LRFAir France - Air Atlanta - Air Canada Cargo - DHL - Emirates - EVA Cargo - FedEx - Lufthansa - Qatar Airways - UPS777-300ERAir France - Air India - Air Canada - All Nippon - Air NZ - Boeing 2003 - British Airways - Cathay Pacific - Emirates - EVA Airways - EtihadJAL - Jet Airways - Lufthansa - PIA - QANTAS - Qatar - Singapore ALAlso keep in mind, that PSS dosen't even own the copyrights to these carriers.Another Question: Did PSS Pay royaltes to these carriers that allows them to charge customers for liveries.

Guest OneTinSoldier

>>Hi Eagle,>>>>Did you read the fine print that states, you cannot repaint>>any paint offered by PSS?.>>>>>>Not really, but how is this working? Does it mean that you>can't alter their paintings, and have to use an "a-train"? In>that case I understand, I don't want other people to mess with>my artwork either.>>Or does it mean that you can't make a brand new ie. British>Airways if PSS already have made one? In that case I think>they should loosen up.>>Anyway, in most cases I only use a couple of paintings for my>aircrafts, so the PSS way is fine with me. Pay for what you>use

>>Another Question: Did PSS Pay royaltes to these carriers that>allows them to charge customers for liveries.I fail to see the big problem here, really!PSS put labour into a paint-job. If you want it, you buy it. If not, you don't. How odd is that business philosophy?The others put labour into their paint jobs. Almost every other add-on aircraft are more expensive than PSS. So you acually pay for liveries (the labour) that you don't use. Isn't that more odd than the PSS way?Eagle

Guest OneTinSoldier

>Also keep in mind, that PSS dosen't even own the copyrights to>these carriers.>>Another Question: Did PSS Pay royaltes to these carriers that>allows them to charge customers for liveries.I think that's a relevant, good, and interesting question. Any legal experts here that can give some insight on this matter for those of us that are legally challenged? LolCheers,OneTinSoldier

Hi,I agree with the following 100%:"Charge a little more for the aircraft to begin with and then have some professionally done liveries available for free upon purchasing the aircraft."As of right now, I paid $62.16 for PSS's 777.