Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Flight Simulator and Real World Logo's

>>Also keep in mind, that PSS dosen't even own the copyrights>to>>these carriers.>>>>Another Question: Did PSS Pay royaltes to these carriers>that>>allows them to charge customers for liveries.>>I think that's a relevant, good, and interesting question. Any>legal experts here that can give some insight on this matter>for those of us that are legally challenged? Lol>>Cheers,>>OneTinSoldier>As I said, maybe the best thing to do is not to wake up that sleeping bear ...Eagle

But if you had purchased at the time, you could have got the repaints for around 1:50 GBP each, or even less if you had purchased more. The more you buy there the cheaper it gets. This is the way PSS has always done business. If you dont like it you have 3 options:1) dont buy the PSS plane2) repaint it yourself (you just can't upload as a freeware repaint)3) wait for the Justflight boxed version that always comes with lots of repaints.Pesonally, I think it's pretty reasonable, providing the model and panel are upto the best and latest payware standards. The price of the panel and model is less than most big airliner payware packages so you are just paying a little more for the carrier options that you want. Don't see what the issue is really. Right from my first purchase there to the last this has always been the same. (A320, Dash-8 and A340) You just need to buy the liveries in bulk at the outset and you will save a lot of money

Hello,And than again, maybe not.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

>>As of right now, I paid $62.16 for PSS's 777.Yeah, but I only paid 35.38 because of their policy, and I spend most of the time in the cockpit anyway :)Eagle

Hi,So do I, That 62.+ dollars is just for the 777's aircraft base packages. That is without "ANY" repaints.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Well, if we do, maybe some of the airline companies put an end to ALL usage of their artwork. You'll have to fly around in phantasy-liveries. Is that what you want?Eagle

""Should the airlines protect their logo's by prohibitingcompanies like PSS from selling repaints?. It's bad enoughthis company wants to charge for their repaints, but to refuseto allow others to repaint the same ones they created and areoffering for sale leaves a empty feeling in my stomach, and mywallet.Maybe American Airlines has the right idea, AA logo/repaintsfor free only. I think maybe its time to start a letterwriting campaign to these airlines and get companies thatcharge for copyrighted logo/repaints to stop charging or atleast allow the flight Sim community to repaint them as well(FOR FREE).When will the GREED end?""Greed as well as stupidity, charging for paints is one thing, but telling you that you cannot paint their aircraft is just wrong. What if I don't like the job they did on their paint? I agree that by having the airline make it so that the only way you can use their logo is to offer it for free being a great idea, BUT more than likely it will backfire and the airlines will just saw "no way jack!" to any use of their logos.I also don't see the point of releasing a paintkit if you can't paint the aircraft, strange.""Want a free repaint of an aircraft? I recommend you download a freeware aircraft and repaint it. If PSS wants to charge for repaints of their payware aircraft, then you have the option of NOT buying their aircraft in the first place so you DONT have to pay for repaints.""Good reason not to buy the aircraft for me.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hello,And then again, maybe they will FORCE these companies to release their repaints a FREEWARE.Just as American Airlines has done.

You can paint it in any scheme that you want regardless of what PSS says. As long as you dont upload to a website for other users to download, you are breaking no law and PSS cannot stop you. End of story. If you dont want to buy the paint scheme, then do it yourself.

Hello,What about the people out there that: A. Don't have the time to repaint B. Don't possess the talent to repaintC. Would rather spend their free time flying than repainting.

>Hi,>>So do I, That 62.+ dollars is just for the 777's aircraft base>packages. That is without "ANY" repaints.Again, your choice, you want all three models. If you buy three Porches, you have to pay for all of them too ;)

Hi,True, but I also get my choice of colors and pin-striping.

>Hello,>>What about the people out there that: >>A. Don't have the time to repaint Buy PSS repaints>B. Don't possess the talent to repaintSame as A.>C. Would rather spend their free time flying than repainting.Same as A.>>

Guest jennifer

Mike....your best bet is to write a letter to PSS and of course they'll read this thread. I don't like their policy either but Im only interested in a paint or two and would do them myself for 'private use', even though they've already been covered by the official PSS colection of repaints.BTW........the AAAA is displeased with the abberant apostrophe in your thread subject :- " logo's". ;)