Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Flight Simulator and Real World Logo's

Guest jgreth123

As long as the repaint isn't posted on a website, you can email it to folks all you want.Do the repaint, say you've done so on this forum. Ask for those that wish it to email you.

Buy the repaint from PSSThey charge less than PMDG 747 for the base package and make it very easy (and clear on the website) to buy the liveries at next to nothing with a huge discount on the shopping cart. If you buy 2 or 3 liveries at the same time as the panel, you get them for around 1.50 GBP each. On the same note, I dont think that charging 5 GBP for a single paint is right either.You mention a few airlines that you would like to fly the 777 for. Do me a favor and go over to the PSS site and put those liveries in a shopping cart. Tell me what the discout adds up to.Then add the panel as well as the liverys and tell me what it adds up to.You could have saved a bundle in the fisrt place if you were aware of the PSS business model. Right or wrong, thats the way it is and is quite clear from there website. At least I think it is anyway....Personally, I would prefer PSS to charge more for the model and allow free downloads of the repaints ala PMDG

Hello,Why should I be forced to purchase a carrier paint scheme when they don't even own the copyright?, and have forced everyone in the flight sim community not to paint them as well.How can a company tell me I cannot make a repaint of a carrier logo that they don't even own?.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Companies like PSS ask for permission for each livery they use.If the airline doesn't give that permission, they don't use it.Maybe some want money for it, but most like the free advertising.Your attitude seems to be "all payware is bad and people should be punnished for making it", that's getting so incredibly tiring.If you don't like it, don't buy it. Period.Personally I'd sooner as an airline ban all freeware repaints. Those are often of such poor quality that my livery is represented poorly!

>>BTW........the AAAA is displeased with the abberant apostrophe>in your thread subject :- " logo's". ;) Do you know if American Airlines have their own fraction

Hello,With one MAJOR difference, I get the color I want, with PSS I should get the carrier I want.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,So, All I have to do is ask permission from all the carriers that PSS painted, I get permission and I can upload my repaints anywhere I want. All I have to do is create a paint kit.

I give up!15+5 = 20. Consider it one item, since rollout colors is no fun. Buy as many as you want.Eagle

Guest NormanB

Mike,You are most entitled to your opinions on the business model however your reading of the repaint policy appears to not be the same as the way I or others in PSS read it.I will bold some extra read into it for youPSS allows repaints of all of its products under the following conditions:- * No repaints of a livery which PSS has already created and offers for sale. except for your own use. You can paint any livery you want for yourself and your friends * No posting of a repaint on any site other than the PSS site without the expressed written permission of PSS.PSS give the space and bandwidth free - we would like to think we are part of the wider community! * All repaints are subject to review and approval before being posted on the PSS Site. Offensive / poor quality paints wont make the user edits * Files may not contain any files other than the texture that needs to be updated and instructions for its installation. All files must contain a current e-mail address for the author. We wouldn't want you including the whole plane for others to download, and authors should be proud of their workAt no time have we ever declared "ownership/copyright/etc" over an airline - its simply not the way we do business. Someone mentioned an incident that occured a few years ago. Google will dig it up but in short a developer claimed such copyright over a livery. That same developer screwed over members of PSS for considerable sums of money so we would be the last to try the same, even by stealth.In short though, we listen to the community. The first point can so easily be interpreted wrongly and I intend to change it immediately.The policy now reads (or will as soon as I get to our website!) * No posting of a repaint on any site other than the PSS site without the expressed written permission of PSS. PSS happily give this permission on request for VA paints. * All repaints are subject to review and approval before being posted on the PSS Site. This prevents offensive or poor quality paints being available in user edits[/b] * Posts will be allowed at the AVSIM Library once PSS has reviewed the file.[/b] * Files may not contain any files other than the texture that needs to be updated and instructions for its installation. All files must contain a current e-mail address for the author. You will note the complete removal of the very point that seems to have been the cause of this thread.On an aside Mike, and this said to all, if you think your work is better than what we have on offer then please step up to the plate and we will consider hiring you!Edit - to subscribe

>>Hi Eagle,>>>>Did you read the fine print that states, you cannot repaint>>any paint offered by PSS?.>>>>>>Not really, but how is this working? Does it mean that you>can't alter their paintings, and have to use an "a-train"? In>that case I understand, I don't want other people to mess with>my artwork either.>>Or does it mean that you can't make a brand new ie. British>Airways if PSS already have made one? In that case I think>they should loosen up.>>Anyway, in most cases I only use a couple of paintings for my>aircrafts, so the PSS way is fine with me. Pay for what you>use

>>I guess I'll staty a PDMG and LevelD and Flight1 customer as I>always have been. (one of youse guys need to do the 777>properly!!)>>:-)>I also like LevelD PMDG and Flight1, and I respect all their different policies. They sure have reasons for their ways of doing things. In this case PSS offers a what seems to be interresting 777 at a reasonable cost, so why not?Have fun!Eagle

Guest Toni Rauch

REALLY????Do you seriously believe that's true?If it is, why don't the likes of Ariane state that's the case?Toni.

Guest FattyBear

Wow I had no idea you guys blocked repaints of planes you have painted. I agree with Mike, it's a lame tactic. I'm starting to regret my pre-order especially since we still haven't been shown in any screenshots what people have been requesting or a more comprehensive list of features.

This brings up an interesting point. In general and not pertaining directly to PSS here's how I see the law here in the US in general. I think this pertains to most other countries as well.It is not legal to use someone else's trademarked/copyrighted logo or slogan for the purpose of making a profit without the written consent of that company. It is also not legal to use their property in any way not authorized by that individual company.You may also not use that material in any direct sales capacity unless written authorization is obtained. That means your web site, box, CD, or whatever.I think (IMHO) you can however use it so long as you're not using their property to advertise or directly sell your product.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest bjjones

>Wow I had no idea you guys blocked repaints of planes you>have painted. I agree with Mike, it's a lame tactic. I'm>starting to regret my pre-order especially since we still>haven't been shown in any screenshots what people have been>requesting or a more comprehensive list of features. Read what Norman said or check the website, that rule no longer applies... you can paint whatever you want.http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/defaul...p?pss=paintkits