Sign in to follow this  
FlightHopeful

FS2004 and Windows 10

Hi

It took me a while after a move, but I have finally found my disks for FS2004 and Combat Flight Simulator 3. Will they run on my present computer, which has Windows 10? Hardware is an AMD FX-8320 CPU, 8 MB of RAM, and a Radeon HD64350 video card. The input will be a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick.

Jay in Toronto

Yes, just install normally, turn UAC down & maybe run as ' Admin'.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Yep! They run fine on Windows 10 and I can confirm this as I run it. One of the only issues is the aircraft display preview screen. In full screen it turns up black, but in windowed mode it is fine. Nothing performance wise decreases or increases over old windows versions. :smile:

I run: HP Envy 15, Windows 10, Dual 1.8GHz.

Hello all,

I tried Win 10 about two months after release. The only problem I encountered was the fact that I could not update Saitek drivers and as a result I could not use my Saitek hardware.  So i went back to Win 7.

I now note however, that Saitek have released Win 10 Drivers so that could well have solved my problem.  I use WIN 10 on two laptops and my home computer with no dramas at all and in fact I really like the OS.

Having said that, my FlightSim computer is and will remain,Win7 until I can update to P3D or Steam or Xplane10 and utilise my 6 displays as well as FS2004 does.

I do not foresee any problems with your proposal and good luck

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.