Sign in to follow this  
DarrianCZE

Prepar3D Stuck on Splashscreen

Hello everyone,

my friend has a little problem. And as I have more skill in the IT, I have decided to ask here on his behalf.

He has installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and after the update, everything was working perfectly. But after a day, his Prepar3D is suddenly stuck on the Splashscreen. When I check the Task Manager, Prepar3D process is stuck and not doing anything. It is not using computer in any significant degree.

I have tried to delete Prepar3D.cfg, and also to uninstall the client and install it again. His version of Prepar3D was 3.2 and now we have updated to 3.3. We have the same result.

Event Viewer is not showing any error, and I have not been able to find any Prepar3D log file. We are running Prepar3D as an Administrator, of course.

Do you have any suggestion? We'd like to avoid a complete reinstall, but if there will be no choice, we have to deal with it.

Thanks for your response :-)

Jan Podlipsky

Have you tried moving your dll.xml file out of the folder to see if this helps ?  Maybe a corrupt Entry is stopping Prepar3D from loading ?   

Location:  Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D V3 

Have you tried moving your dll.xml file out of the folder to see if this helps ?  Maybe a corrupt Entry is stopping Prepar3D from loading ?   

Location:  Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D V3 

We'll try it. And in case it works... do we have to insert the entries again, or it will rebuild everything needed? Like DLLs for PMDG and other airplanes?

Jan Podlipsky

do we have to insert the entries again

Don't Delete the dll.xml file,  Just hold your mouse arrow on the dll.xml file and Move it out of this location and put it somewhere safe (On your desktop)  All your Entries will remain in there Safe.  

If Prepar3D starts ok,  Well then you know the problem is in this file,  A corrupt Entry maybe,  If this is the case You will have to take a closer look inside this file.

Try that first...........

Don't Delete the dll.xml file,  Just hold your mouse arrow on the dll.xml file and Move it out of this location and put it somewhere safe (On your desktop)  All your Entries will remain in there Safe.  

If Prepar3D starts ok,  Well then you know the problem is in this file,  A corrupt Entry maybe,  If this is the case You will have to take a closer look inside this file.

Thanks. I've understood what you mean. I just wanted to know, if we will need to look trough it, or if it will rebuild by itself :-) Thank you. I'll report the result.

Jan Podlipsky

Long shot - but I've had this happened to me in the past, a second hidden dialogue box was under the splash screen, and needed to be cleared first - usually after installing or updating something, often a security question - I looked at the task manager to spot a likely suspect, and used "switch to" to clear them.

Eugene

So removing the files did not helped.

Jan Podlipsky

When you Updated Client did you also Update Content ?  If not please Update Content also,  This wont fix your problem buts its recommended to Update Content also.

===========

Go to your dll.xml file located here Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin  ► Prepar3D V3 and see if there is any Entries in here,  If so what are they? 

(1)  Go to your main Prepar3D Folder,   Do you have 17 Yellow Default  folders in there ?   If yes move to next step

(2)  Go here and delete these 2 files  (C:) ► Users ► your user name ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D V3

Delete these 2 files Prepar3D_Default.fxml  and  Prepar3D_Default.wx    Prepar3D will rebuild them again

(3)  Is your Ant virus Software Or Windows Defender Updating or Interfering with Prerpar3D,  Have you added all your Prepar3D stuff to your Exclusions Zone ? 

(4)  Do you have the Migration Tool Installed ?  If so what have you Installed with it resonantly ?  

(5)  Go to your Control Panel,  What exact Version of Prepar3D do you have,  Client ?  Content ? Scenery ?   

(6)  What 3rd Party Software have you Installed into the Main Prepar3D folder ?

Have you tried this ? 

Long shot - but I've had this happened to me in the past, a second hidden dialogue box was under the splash screen, and needed to be cleared first - usually after installing or updating something, often a security question - I looked at the task manager to spot a likely suspect, and used "switch to" to clear them.

Hi,

I have the exact same problem after updating to Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
Had no problems before the update.
I am running the following versions:
Client & Content - 3.3.5
Scenery - 3.1.2

Tried with a reinstall of client and content and deleted files/folders as suggested above.
No go. :(

I have read that the 1607 (Anniversary Update) has caused lots issues for many users, I also had a problem with my sound drivers/software (Realtek on Asus Maximus VIII Gene), but I have managed to resolve that one.

All of my other games and applications are running fine.

Any other suggestions? :-|

Regards,
Stephan

Hi Stephan,

Just uninstall the Anniversary Update form your Windows updates (yes, it's possible!) and reboot your machine.

P3D will come back to life.

Then, let Windows update itself alone automatically.

The issue comes when one wants to install the Anniversary Update manually.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Just uninstall the Anniversary Update form your Windows updates

Yes that would probably do it   :blush2:   Ignore the crazy yoke from post 8  :blush2:

Well, I guess I had to much faith in Microsoft this time since I already deleted the old Windows installation  :fool:

So a rollback to v1511 is not possible for me anymore. :(

Have you tried deleting the text after the SITUATION = in the p3d.cfg?

It will reset your default flight but it might help

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have deleted the Prepar3D.cfg, a new one is generated, but with only with this contents:

[GRAPHICS]
HDR_BRIGHTNESS=1.100000
HDR_BLOOM_THRESHOLD=3.000000
HDR_BLOOM_MAGNITUDE=1.000000
HDR_BLOOM_BLUR_SIGMA=0.800000
TONEMAP_DAY_EXPOSURE_KEY=0.280000
TONEMAP_NIGHT_EXPOSURE_KEY=0.130000
HDR_SATURATION=0.800000
[WEATHER]
CLOUD_FACING_MODE=0

Problem solved, for me at least.  :smile:

Replaced the d3d11.dll (Directx 11 Runtime) file from SysWOW64 to my Prepar3D v3 installation folder.

The file version from SysWOW64 is 10.0.14393.0 and Prepar3d had an older version, 10.0.10586.122.

DarrianCZE, you might want to check your friends setup. Could be the same issue as I had. 

• Upvote 2