Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

FS10: Tiny Improvements (Suggestions)

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!The option to save your flight at intervals you set- along with how many flights are saved is one of the many features of FSM 2.8- but having it in the box wouldn't hurt. Along with a screenshot utility.1. An IFR hood- push a button and your outside view greys out, blacks out, whatever- practice IFR anytime and if you're in clouds anyway and they still drag down the frames in FS10 then just keep the hood on till near decision height to compensate.2: Some form of AI ATC capability on multiplayer, prefferably with the ability for human controllers to easily step in.3: A text to voice option for multiplayer. You can keep your eyes where they should be when recieving, Less processor load than voice to text, more accurate and since text is still sent hearing impaired people won't be left out. If you don't like the robotic??? voice deactivate the feature. 3: Support for different ATC procedures in different parts of the world. It could ship with the default U.S., but give it the option to have realistic procedures by country should devs wish to develop them and end users choose to install them.3. Shall we dream? The ability for owners of a legallly purchased copy to use scenery, airports and navaids in another sim that they have also legally purchased. (There is a way tested by PMDG to do it with FLY II using two computers...)Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Pabra

I occasionally crash but I presume I'd be done with the nonchalance of flying fs with this afterthought (real sweat on that difficult approach w. windshear and perhaps quicker with the go-around :-)Yes, a penalty should sharpen the mind and skills.Paul@eghh

>3. Shall we dream? The ability for owners of a legallly>purchased copy to use scenery, airports and navaids in another>sim that they have also legally purchased. (There is a way>tested by PMDG to do it with FLY II using two computers...)>I've noticed that X-Plane & FLY users are always trying invent menthods to use FS2004 scenery, airports, and navaids! Since FS2004 "really does" have the best flight dynamics these days, with 3rd party addon's, despite "marketing hype" by others, ................I question why the need to import? :( L.Adamson

I'll second that one!!! Maybe Radar Contact V4 will help with this small, but very annoying issue. It's annoying to me as FS will assign the parking spot on taxi in just as to what is available in non-assigned parking. As a result if you try to get to the correct terminal, it doesn't recognize your different taxi route. Makes things tough for taxi in at larger airports. Mike

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!With the exception of the Navaho, I've never had much of a problem with the flight dynamics. And after doing extensive single engine work including failures at >100 AGL and SE goarounds in it, every other sim piston twin has been a breeze. Haven't explored much of the third party actually. Already have a PMDG 777, why buy another... and there are really not too many aircraft I'm interested in enough to not be happy with what many freeware packages offer. There aren't as many planes available for FLY, but all the speed classes are represented except hypersonic.I prefer memorising a few key combos a la C4TO as opposed to seeing an ATC window every time I gotta talk to Center. Plus, it and the version of Squawkbox for FLY can be used together- a lot more options for straight multiplayer or if there is a controller on arrival but not departure or whatever. I like the customisability of descent profile and distance from threshold ATC will vector me to the localiser. It gets a little old with zigzag vectors and being sent so far downwind on IFR aproach to KABE in a GA aircraft that I have to contact KPHL aproach! Yes, I could buy Radar Contact for FS9, but I'm not going for my PPL and C4TO suits me fine. BTW, written by a real world controller.I like being able to put waypoints anywhere.I like the one-stop-setup in the flight planner, but even better...I like being able to put in VORs or waypoints from the Nav Log when using paper charts instead of the see-but-don't touch aproach. Modify my route infight, I bring up a little window an addon ute even makes transparent while never pausing or leaving the cockpit instead of ALT-ing to the planner and stopping the whole shebang. (they must love that on Vatsim)Well, if FS10 can do all this I might think twice about my plans to set up a network with one 'puter generating scenery and the other FLYing when I upgrade my rig!Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Hi Mike!Great thread - I would add my suggestion to that others have had here, which is to improve the flight planner. While you can realistically fly DPs and STARs, it's a pain having to find all the intersections and basically "fix" the auto-generated route. What I'd love to see is the ability to pick the DP and STAR for the departure and arrival airports, and then let the auto-generation routine work for the waypoints inbetween.Mark

Mark Lam

Thats it, and something similar to define the location of the doors. Then there can be jetways that work with all aircraft.And while your at it, define all the seat locations and isles inside the virtual cabin. That will allow the virtual passengers to get to their seat ;-)John.

Guest jetBlue_83

That's exactly what I meant by my post above (soory if it was not clear). I would love to be able to select tht "PELUE2 departure, NEKDE transition" and know that if I fly it, ATC won't keep telling me to get back on course...or better still, have ATC say the STAR when giving clearance

Guest weigi

i would like to underline again, that sunshine on ground doesn't look very realistic if you are flying under covered sky...and there is another very small thing:in the cockpit view you can "slim" the cockpit by pressing 'w'. but especially with the big airliners (like 777, 747, ...) it's still too large. ------>>>>> what about a hud over the full screen?i know - not very realistic for any of the aircrafts that come with fs9 (and prob. fs10) but anyway a good gimmick as one don't have to use it.

OR E. not to have the above options at all and keep it the way it is,now talk about crash detection, i would like to see a better damage model. for example suppose im taxing and i turn to short around a building and i scrap/knock the left wing tip in. now it wont trigger the crash routine but instead allow me to taxing to a repair center somewhere on the ground of the airport or if i decide to fly it anyway then it would be nice to then have that boogered up corner of the wing effect the flight dynamicsalso.,snow piling and melting to mud, same with rain, etc.sids/stars for jets and ifr flyingbetter atc and a/c separationciao!Brian S

Ciao!

>>Have a serious crash and loose the aircraft off your hardrive>for good.>>Peteroh wow, can you imagine what that would be like if the above were really implemented in the sim?? man we would all sim with needles on our rears!ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

>>Donny AKA Shalomar>2: Some form of AI ATC capability on multiplayer,>prefferably with the ability for human controllers to easily>step in.>>Best Regards, Donny:-wave oooh, i like that, ive allways dreamed of that, being able to do atc as well as fly. in fact in think ms could make a huge killing on this, make a atc module that you could purchase in addition to fs that would allow the user to do any atc function and have the nice 3d tower views for ground/tower, etc.ciao!Brian S

Ciao!