Sign in to follow this  
thecanarian

Navigraph Updates

Hi All,

I've just about had enough of different systems using different AIRAC's and am seriously considering spending some hard earned on getting some Navigraph updates for some of my aircrafts FMS's and my PFPX flight planner. However my navigation gauge of choice is my beloved GTN 750, which I understand is based on AIRAC 1504. So I hope to pick the brains of this forum to provide some information to inform my future decisions. Any help with the following questions will be much appreciated.

• Can I purchase out of date AIRACs from Navigraph ie 1504 ?
  • Will Navigraph force feed recent updates if I buy a subscription ? 
  • Has anyone updated the navigation data in the GTN 750, or know if it is possible ?
  • Has this issue been discussed on this forum before ?

Thanks for any replies.

Peter

Can I purchase out of date AIRACs from Navigraph ie 1504 ?

Peter,

My understanding is that the Flight1 GTN 750 uses the Garmin Trainer database and not Navigraph.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks for the response. So can I rationalise all the navigation databases used in the numerous FMS's to 1504 by a one off purchase fron Navigraph, without committing to monthly upgrades being pushed out?

Alternately, you can move to a more recent (expired) Garmin navdata set for the GTN.

I like the 1513 WW database, after that, Garmin started removing shorter landing strips from the data.

But yes, if you want everything in your charts to be the same, you will have to pick a cycle and stay with it.

Lastly, the actual scenery in your simulator may or may not correspond to your navdata..

Runways get added or de-commissioned, or just renamed over time.

Bert

Alternately, you can move to a more recent (expired) Garmin navdata set for the GTN.

I like the 1513 WW database, after that, Garmin started removing shorter landing strips from the data.

But yes, if you want everything in your charts to be the same, you will have to pick a cycle and stay with it.

Lastly, the actual scenery in your simulator may or may not correspond to your navdata..

Runways get added or de-commissioned, or just renamed over time.

Was wondering about this, is it worth updating the magnetic adjustment bgl file, or does that just open a whole new can of worms?

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Was wondering about this, is it worth updating the magnetic adjustment bgl file, or does that just open a whole new can of worms?

G

I think it is worth it.. do both.. magvar and ILS/Rwy for the areas you fly in.

At least a number of default runways get renumbered to the current status..

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

and

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Bert

Thanks for the response. So can I rationalise all the navigation databases used in the numerous FMS's to 1504 by a one off purchase fron Navigraph, without committing to monthly upgrades being pushed out?

You cannot. Only the current AIRAC is available from Navigraph or Aerosoft.

DJ

I've already come across a few of these as the nav data in FSX has been fixed since it was published. I've asked the same question to Navigraph if I can get archived data (ie. 1504) but as yet I haven't got a response.

It is becoming a pain when PFPX plots a route that is incompatible with the GTN 750, however it has improved my understanding of route selection and the intricacies of GTN 750 and PFPX.