Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Need VC Advice

Guest Paragon

I get the same as you...I cannot set the transponder code, but I can turn on and off the TCAS, but that is it.

Guest Knikolaes

I clicked the buttons themselves. For me they are clickable. They work just like the PMDG transponder unit, only you do not have to hit "clear" or anything. I just clicked 4 numbers at random and they appeared. Then got flight following from ATC, entered those numbers and they appeared.I have to admit the pilot seat blocks a couple of numbers, but for those of us with active camera, it's easy to just jog to the side a tad and see all of the transponder.

Guest jgreth123

Weird.Did you have an initial release and install updates?I'm thinking your model file is different.I'm going to check when I get home to see if there is more than 1 model.Could you tell me what livery you were in? Shouldn't make a difference, but heck, ya never know.Oh, and I have TrackIR + Vector, so I'm able to move my head and look at it from directly above.

Guest Knikolaes

>Weird.>>Did you have an initial release and install updates?>There is actually a service pack that is able to be downloaded from the LDS web site that - as far as I know - is still not included withthe original package that is downloaded with the flight1 purchasing module.>Could you tell me what livery you were in? Shouldn't make a>difference, but heck, ya never know.Last night when I checked I was using the LOTR livery for Air New Zealand. However I mostly fly using either Delta NNC or Leisure International. I also use UPS NC a lot.>>Oh, and I have TrackIR + Vector, so I'm able to move my head>and look at it from directly above.>Okay then try to make sure you are using the latest service pack from the LDS web site. I am almost absolutely certain that the transponder was one of the fixes in that pack. That is pretty much the only thing I can possibly think of right now, but it is sure enough worth a try.

Guest jgreth123

I have the latest service pack.The only thing I could think of is, you downloaded the original.They released a patch ( SP1? ) that fixed it.When making SP2 to include SP1, they didn't include the model update.Just a guess.

Guest Knikolaes

Hmmm.I just got a new Hard Drive and thus reinstalled everything from scratch. This latest reinstall had a fresh download of the wrapper from Flight1.com, then SP2 applied. That's all I did.Not sure if that had anything to do with it - being a completely fresh reinstall with absolutly no files or registry for the 767.

Guest Paragon

Well I bought and downloaded the flight1 not more than a week ago and I don't have that feature in the VC so I don't know.:-hmmm

Guest Knikolaes

Odd. I know it was the GE model I was using on both cases.Let me try with the PW model tonight and I will see what happens.

Guest Knikolaes

>Well I bought and downloaded the flight1 not more than a week>ago and I don't have that feature in the VC so I don't>know.:-hmmm Okay, please let me make sure we are definately discussing the same gauge. I will feel like such a fool if I am thinking of a different gauge.Just tested all three models of the 767 -- here is a screenshot circling the gauge I am referring to (the Transponder?) When I first load the aircraft the screen is blank. When I punch in a number on the keypad it appears. CLR works too, so I am able to CLR then enter 4 other diits.http://guildofdarkhaven.org/flying/images/...Transponder.jpgIs this what we are talking about?

Guest jgreth123

Yep that's what we're talking about.I get no hand icon, nor does anything happen when I click them anyway in the VC.

Guest Knikolaes

Wow that is totally odd. I would write to Level D about that, because I do get the hand icon (I am not sure why icons dont show up in screenshots -- must be layering) when i hover over the number keys (remember the keys, NOT the display window) and also get the hand when hovering over the dial as well, though I never use the dial because the number keys are so much easier.I actually never did try to program my FMC from my VC either -- I may have to try that as well, but the transponder definately works :-)See if LDS has an answer for this as there ahs got to be something that will make yours work.If it is any help, my configuration manager says v1.0.2, repaint manager says v1.0.1 and I see no way of confirming what version of the actual aircraft is that I am using. In the config manager I have "Include Virtual Cockpit" selected - however "Check to use high resolution VC gauges" is NOT checked.According to the release notes in the FS9 LDS folder I do have SP2 installed.Now I am at a loss, but if there is any other info I can provide for comparison, let me know.<> When you write to Level D (or post in their forum), feel free to lnk them my screenshot so they are as clear on what exactly we are looking at.

Guest jgreth123

>See if LDS has an answer for this as there ahs got to be>something that will make yours work.I have, and thus far no response.>In the config manager I have "Include Virtual Cockpit" selected ->however "Check to use high resolution VC gauges" is NOT>checked.Interesting. I have high resolution VC gauges checked.I'll check that when I get home.><> When you write to Level D (or post in their forum),>feel free to lnk them my screenshot so they are as clear on>what exactly we are looking at.I've posted about this exact conversaion in their forum with no response from anyone but 1 other user that has also seen this thread.He can't use the transponder either.

Guest Knikolaes

K definately keep us posted if that high/low resolution bit works. That would be interesting to know.

Guest bobsk8

This is what I would suggest if you can't get it to work. Uninstall the 767, download the latest version from the Flight1 site and reinstall. This version that they have now, already has all the patches. This way you will be sure not to have any corrupted files.

Guest Paragon

But I ordered and downloaded the plane on the 3rd of this month and I would have thought that I got the latest version...no?Is there any way to verify what version I'm running?