Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FSLabs Spotlight and P3D v3.3.5

This is with P3D v3.3.5, I don't have any shader mods or PTA tools. What presets are you talking about?

I forgot just saw this again in forums this might be your problem Aaron

You are correct! You have to load the AirbusConfigurator and make sure Force Ecamm is not checked. Now it works! default_smile.png Thanks again!!! Love this add-on!

Rich Sennett

That was it! Thanks again! :)

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

That was it! Thanks again! :)

Thats what I do lol - welcome 

Rich Sennett

Chris not true - I am using PTA lights work fine - have you tried importing a file - are you using the demo you have to be at a specific airport to try it and some airplanes after importing a file still doesnt work such as the shrike I tried another file to import and it worked so I just edited that one but at least I go it into the shrike to work with

It does work and works great in PTA

Hi Rich, when I tried the demo in June, P3D crashed at startup. I did everything as described in the manual. I opened a thread over at the FSL forum, but unfortunately the problem could not be solved:

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/6977-spotlights-crashes-at-startup-p3d-v335/

It is interesting though to read that you got it working including PTA. I will try again but I have little hope that something has changed. If P3D crashes already at startup, there is little I can do I guess...

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hi Rich, when I tried the demo in June, P3D crashed at startup. I did everything as described in the manual. I opened a thread over at the FSL forum, but unfortunately the problem could not be solved:

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/6977-spotlights-crashes-at-startup-p3d-v335/

It is interesting though to read that you got it working including PTA. I will try again but I have little hope that something has changed. If P3D crashes already at startup, there is little I can do I guess...

No idea whats going on but I dont think PTA is the culprit - later today I will try your PTA file but doubt thats the problem 

Sounds like something P3D related - you could try deleting your P3D.CFG file and see if that helps - make a copy of it first otherwise you have to change all of your P3D settings but if it solves the probelm its worth it

Rich Sennett

I have disabled every addon in the dll.xml and exe.xml (apart from spotslight), but P3D still crashes with the error hinting to dxgi.dll:

Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=prepar3d.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=3.3.5.17625
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=5758bb31
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=dxgi.dll
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=6.2.9200.16420
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=505a96fd
Sig[6].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[6].Value=000039b4
Sig[7].Name=Exception Code
Sig[7].Value=c0000005
Sig[8].Name=Exception Data
Sig[8].Value=00000008

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I had FS Spotlioghts working fine in P3d 3.5 while using Reshade and PTA tool.  I then started getting the crashes on startup...oddly enough this was after installing AS16.  I gave up on trying to figure out what the problem was/is.....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Strange I have AS16 and PTA all working well - just dont know enough abut this program yet 

Rich Sennett

It does NOT work if you use any Shaders Mods such as PTA. I was unfortunately not succesful to use modified Shaders with Spotlights.

Same experience here.  Multiple sources state that shaders and spotlights work; I have yet to find a combination of file versions that do.  CTDs as a result of the dxgi.dll.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Strange I have AS16 and PTA all working well - just dont know enough abut this program yet

Rich, if you don not mind, could you send me your PTA file to test whether it crashes in my setup. At least it is good to see that I am not alone with the crashes.

Regards,

Chris

--

Rich, if you don not mind, could you send me your PTA file to test whether it crashes in my setup. At least it is good to see that I am not alone with the crashes.

Sure will send pm - but doubt thats going to matter - something else is going on and trying to put my finger on it

Rich Sennett

Issue is solved with the latest release of FSlabs Spotlights:

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/8165-fslspotlights-updated-to-resolve-dxgidll-crash/

Great work! Bug was identified and FSLabs has one more happy customer.

Regards,

Chris

--

Hello guys

I'm very interested in this product, but have one question:

Can you assign spotlight single or groups to a custom gauge or panel switch; or do you have to use the popup windows?

Thanks.

As far as I now, the only "official way" is to use the popup window. I was also asking for short cut key commands, but it is not yet implemented.

Regards,

Chris

--